TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AEB Pushing to AP2.5 today -> Tesla sticking with releases every 14 days

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Elektrek reports that today, Oct 11 - Tesla is pushing AEB out of validation to AP2.5 cars today. This marks the fourth release in a row hitting a 14 day schedule. Tesla never announced this schedule of course - but the frequency of releases since Karpathy came on board is quite nice. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in their offices.

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 1
  2. croman

croman Active Member

50mph limit is the useful information about this.

Tesla can keep throwing crumbs but nothing significant has been pushed in months and months. Can't spin this as positive.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I posted this in the 8.1 thread... no new releases yet on either ev-fw or TeslaFi, and since they said 'today', it can't be 17.38.4...

• Informative x 1
  4. James*

James* Member

I'm bringing my car into the service center today. I'll ask if they have a new update.

5. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

It could be an M3 release only, and the M3 employees might not be reporting on TeslaFI. There's only like 200 of them or so, and they are all pretty high up folks.

6. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Hmmm, I wonder where the update is. The day is half over and we still see a handful of 38.4 rollouts and nothing newer.

7. James*

James* Member

I just got back from the Service Center. Installing a new update as I type this. The notes on my invoice say it's 17.38.90.

8. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Exciting! Please let us know what it is!

9. James*

James* Member

False alarm... it's just 2017.38.4 be12575. :(

10. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Good to know!

I guess that must be the real build number for 2017.38.4. But at any rate, this confirms my suspicion that so far, there is not a new update rolling out today. Perhaps the release is coming tonight, or, for the 8000th time, Fred's "source" at Tesla jumped the gun regarding firmware update news.

At any rate, getting on the 2017.38.x train is probably good for you, because it means you'll keep getting the next incremental non-wide updates until a wide update goes out.

• Informative x 1
  11. croman

croman Active Member

I got a SC update a while back and I thought I'd be on that train but no, it didn't pan out. I had to wait until the next wide release to get any updates as each of the "tweak" updates went to a smaller and smaller pool of cars. YMMV.

12. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Weellll...all that means is that they're capable of spinning up their software build machinery and pushing out a new update every couple of weeks. It doesn't say anything about the content of the releases.

But I agree it'd be fun to be a fly on the wall.

Bruce.

• Like x 2
  13. MSDadMich

MSDadMich Member

rome was not built in a day. try to hold a glass that is half full once in a while.

• Like x 1
  14. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Is there a significant software update in that glass? :)

• Funny x 1
  15. croman

croman Active Member

How about 3 months.... Definitely 6?

• Funny x 1
  16. rnortman

rnortman Member

I think maybe they should keep this in calibration mode a little longer. I had a phantom car event today: There was absolutely nothing in front of me on a straight road; there was a car in the next lane but not very close, and my car completely freaked out. The alarm sounds went off and the display showed a red phantom car right in front of me. A second later everything disappeared. If AEB had been enabled, I suspect it would have slammed on the brakes. False positives like this are presumably what they're worried about with AEB.

(Yes, my car is HW2.5, firmware 2017.38)

17. croman

croman Active Member

Had several with HW2. Never had an AEB. It just beeps and you can hit the accelerator to let it calm down again. It thought the car adjacent to you was in your lane. It gets confused but its been improving in that regard. It used to not know other cars existed in the adjacent lanes.

18. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Well this answers the question from @SlicedBr3ad in Eap 2.5 vs 2.0?

19. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I see on ev-fw that someone got 2017.40.1 d74f04 installed today. I wonder if this is the version... (I'm not sure since the car that got it is listed as an AP 1 car.)

20. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Im looking at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App and the newest I'm seeing there is 2017.38.4 be12575. No sign of any 2017.40.1 updates.

Where are you seeing the 2017.40.1 data?