Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AEB Pushing to AP2.5 today -> Tesla sticking with releases every 14 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elektrek reports that today, Oct 11 - Tesla is pushing AEB out of validation to AP2.5 cars today. This marks the fourth release in a row hitting a 14 day schedule. Tesla never announced this schedule of course - but the frequency of releases since Karpathy came on board is quite nice. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in their offices.

50mph limit is the useful information about this.

Tesla can keep throwing crumbs but nothing significant has been pushed in months and months. Can't spin this as positive.

Elektrek reports that today, Oct 11 - Tesla is pushing AEB out of validation to AP2.5 cars today. This marks the fourth release in a row hitting a 14 day schedule. Tesla never announced this schedule of course - but the frequency of releases since Karpathy came on board is quite nice. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in their offices.
I posted this in the 8.1 thread... no new releases yet on either ev-fw or TeslaFi, and since they said 'today', it can't be 17.38.4...

• Informative
Reactions: calisnow
False alarm... it's just 2017.38.4 be12575. :(
Good to know!

I guess that must be the real build number for 2017.38.4. But at any rate, this confirms my suspicion that so far, there is not a new update rolling out today. Perhaps the release is coming tonight, or, for the 8000th time, Fred's "source" at Tesla jumped the gun regarding firmware update news.

At any rate, getting on the 2017.38.x train is probably good for you, because it means you'll keep getting the next incremental non-wide updates until a wide update goes out.

• Informative
Reactions: James*
At any rate, getting on the 2017.38.x train is probably good for you, because it means you'll keep getting the next incremental non-wide updates until a wide update goes out.

I got a SC update a while back and I thought I'd be on that train but no, it didn't pan out. I had to wait until the next wide release to get any updates as each of the "tweak" updates went to a smaller and smaller pool of cars. YMMV.

Weellll...all that means is that they're capable of spinning up their software build machinery and pushing out a new update every couple of weeks. It doesn't say anything about the content of the releases.

But I agree it'd be fun to be a fly on the wall.

Bruce.

Reactions: mrElbe and croman
I think maybe they should keep this in calibration mode a little longer. I had a phantom car event today: There was absolutely nothing in front of me on a straight road; there was a car in the next lane but not very close, and my car completely freaked out. The alarm sounds went off and the display showed a red phantom car right in front of me. A second later everything disappeared. If AEB had been enabled, I suspect it would have slammed on the brakes. False positives like this are presumably what they're worried about with AEB.

(Yes, my car is HW2.5, firmware 2017.38)

I think maybe they should keep this in calibration mode a little longer. I had a phantom car event today: There was absolutely nothing in front of me on a straight road; there was a car in the next lane but not very close, and my car completely freaked out. The alarm sounds went off and the display showed a red phantom car right in front of me. A second later everything disappeared. If AEB had been enabled, I suspect it would have slammed on the brakes. False positives like this are presumably what they're worried about with AEB.

Had several with HW2. Never had an AEB. It just beeps and you can hit the accelerator to let it calm down again. It thought the car adjacent to you was in your lane. It gets confused but its been improving in that regard. It used to not know other cars existed in the adjacent lanes.

Well this answers the question from @SlicedBr3ad in Eap 2.5 vs 2.0?