TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aero cap kits backordered again?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by jelly, Jul 16, 2018.

1. jelly

jelly Member

saw a lot of quick turnarounds for the cap kits in May and June but no reports since. Website still says 8 wks.

Any recent luck with turnaround on the cap kits?

Thanks.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I ordered at set on 6-Jul-2018 and received them few days later.

• Like x 1
  3. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

I ordered around June 27th I think- said 8 week backorder- shipped the next day.

4. jelly

jelly Member

Ah thanks. I ordered last week but no shipping update.

5. gambit48

gambit48 Member

My local service/parts guy said that no matter what the website says, Tesla prioritizes parts in order of factory, web orders, and finally stores. As the factory wouldn't need these, I'd imagine they'd come quick if you ordered them online.

6. jelly

jelly Member

Thanks guys. My order did come within a week.

Except they only sent me three caps...

7. Spaceman3

Spaceman3 Member

Keep them as gifts. The technician at service center told me once the caps go on, they are difficult to remove with out damage. Unless you remove the whole wheel and pop them out from the back side!!!!holy crap. There is no :: oh I will pop th aero hub caps on and off easily for a long trip :: so much for range efficiency vs good looking mag wheels!

8. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

There's a little $5 suction cup thingy on amazon that lets you pop the center caps on/off easily according to some folks who've tried it

9. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015T58AUW/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apip_8OgUCFfkgDVSp

Suction cup is just a smidge smaller than the cap, they come off really easy. The lug covers can stay on with the aero covers.