Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero cover paint color

substance12

Oct 21, 2018
Torrance, CA
I scratched the Aero cover... and the wheel. i was able to find the color for the wheel but couldn't find any posts regarding the color of the plastic cover. does anyone know?

substance12

Oct 21, 2018
Torrance, CA
i bought that pen. as i read m3 owners were using that to paint the exposed part of the wheel. upon closer read of the reviews i do see some people saying they used it on the hub caps. was hoping to hear from some forum members.

substance12

Oct 21, 2018
Torrance, CA
For what it's worth. the dupli color pen works great for the actual wheels. it's not exact but it's close and better than leaving the curb rash as is. It is not a great match for the aero covers however. just my opinion. i wish there was a better match. Paint matching the wheels is more forgiving than the aero covers.

• Informative
Reactions: Kbra

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
Another option is to just purchase a new wheel cover at the Tesla parts department. They are located within the service centers. I believe the price is only $30.00. Not that much more than touch-up paint.

Reactions: enolam

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC