Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero covers, or Spikes (No Covers) Pics.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since about 99% of the Model 3 photos out there have the $1,500 wheels on them it was a challenge to find a picture with the Aero wheels and with the covers removed. I couldn't find a Blue nor a Midnight Silver. But what do you think of the other colors and the look of the spikes?? Could they possibly find a place in your heart?

upload_2017-8-27_17-27-40.png

upload_2017-8-27_17-28-16.png

upload_2017-8-27_17-28-45.png

upload_2017-8-27_17-32-53.png

Looks like only the white and maybe that silver photo have what I understand to be the final gun-metal grey "spoked" wheel? Right? The brighter chrome wheels were done away with as I understand. The aero covers with the brighter chrome under it created a white wall looking cap ring that didn't look good at all so they just made the base wheel darker.

As someone who is considering the standard (badass) black, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the gun-metal grey spoked wheel looks like... I hate that I like the brighter chrome look with the black - if I slip back into wanting the premium wheels then my color choice is again a question mark for me, while with the aeros, I'm excited with the black or midnight silver with those.

I was leaning toward the 19's at first solely due to look, but now that I've seen the aero more, and learned that the covers come off and those (pretty decent looking) 18's are underneath, it's a total no-brainer to go with the aero wheels. I will most likely run without the covers most of the time and will paint/plastidip the wheels gloss black for everyday use.

It looks to me like all of those photos posted in this thread are of early "RC" cars with the unpainted/unfinished wheels. I think since then they have updated them to the darker "gun metal" finish, so those pictures may not be at all representative of what you can actually get.

I am expecting more like this:
finish-1.png

It looks to me like all of those photos posted in this thread are of early "RC" cars with the unpainted/unfinished wheels. I think since then they have updated them to the darker "gun metal" finish, so those pictures may not be at all representative of what you can actually get.

I am expecting more like this:
View attachment 244296

That's too bad. If gun metal is what will be coming out, then I am back to getting my own wheels put on.