Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to remove my aero Covers and was wondering if the official Tesla Centre caps and lug covers are worth the £45 or are any of the cheap aftermarket covers decent quality?

Also, for anyone running without the aero Covers, have you noticed a big difference in range? Probably not a huge issue to those running long range models, but I'm running a Standard Range plus. I'm not too worried about the difference around the doors, more interested in what difference it makes at 60-70mph runs.

one thing to note, is that you should make a decision early to take them off or not. Mine have been on a year and they noticeably damage the paint on the wheels, so now if I remove them I've got paint scuff marks on all wheels where the cover clip on.
I'm not too fussed, as the intention was to keep these as winter wheels and put some nicer wheels on for summer.

one thing to note, is that you should make a decision early to take them off or not. Mine have been on a year and they noticeably damage the paint on the wheels, so now if I remove them I've got paint scuff marks on all wheels where the cover clip on.
I'm not too fussed, as the intention was to keep these as winter wheels and put some nicer wheels on for summer.
I wss about to make that point. yeah don't wait too long if you are going to take them off. this is not a one off this is normal

I purchased mine from evaccessories.co.uk but they seem to have sold out. The red T matches a red car superbly and isn't deteriorating yet after 6 months wear.
I purchased a bag from Amazon to keep the Aero's from getting scratched.

Red T.jpg

I initially took mine off, but I had a long drive to do in Europe so I put them back on. Then i got to thinking...

1) The alloys aren't really that nice (not a fan of dark alloys). IMHO, it needs a 19" rim to give a good look on the Model 3.

2) The Aero covers aren't that bad and they do improve range a little.

3) Cleaning the Aero covers is much, much easier than cleaning alloys.

Reactions: Adopado
If you put the Aeros back on, do you then need to remove the centre caps and lug covers or can they stay where they are?

so from what I gather, removing the Aeros and then reinstalling eg for cleaning damages the alloy wheel paint?

Thanks!

Damage is a strong word for it. Clearly everybody needs to remove their Aero hub caps at a minimum when getting new tyres or for brake servicing, thorough cleaning etc. There can be some light surface scuffs where the clips and possibly the edges of the Aero contacts the wheel. When I removed mine there was barely a mark on the wheels but if you kneel down and examine each one you will probably detect a bit of a scuff mark. Nothing that would worry me but it obviously worries some more than others.

Reactions: SR-Plus
I initially took mine off, but I had a long drive to do in Europe so I put them back on. Then i got to thinking...

1) The alloys aren't really that nice (not a fan of dark alloys). IMHO, it needs a 19" rim to give a good look on the Model 3.

2) The Aero covers aren't that bad and they do improve range a little.

3) Cleaning the Aero covers is much, much easier than cleaning alloys.

I have put mine back on too......for the same reasons.

I think I’ll be purchasing a set of these in silver. A little bigger than the Aeros so potentially give the illusion of a larger wheel, cover the alloy for extra protection, a teeny tiny bit more efficient than the aero...and in my humble opinion look quite nice...possibly a little like the 19s? :) Just need to get a car to put them on now, minor point :D

Orbital

I think I’ll be purchasing a set of these in silver. A little bigger than the Aeros so potentially give the illusion of a larger wheel, cover the alloy for extra protection, a teeny tiny bit more efficient than the aero...and in my humble opinion look quite nice...possibly a little like the 19s? :) Just need to get a car to put them on now, minor point :D

Orbital

I have a set in silver already ordered. Not a conventional way to order but hardly a lot worse than using AliExpress. :p

Orbital
They do look nice. Pity it'll involve shipping from the U.S.

Reactions: Empato