Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheel Cap Kit off of Amazon - yay or nay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-3-10_23-38-14.png

I've attached what the above link should take you to on Amazon.ca.

View attachment 520500

I've attached what the above link should take you to on Amazon.ca.
I have these but in red. they're fine, but i don't have anything to compare them to. the reviews tell you everything you need to know. the T Tesla cap that covers the hub can have inconsistencies that may scratch your rim. I had problems removing one of mine and ended up actually bending the piece. Luckily the seller was able to provide me with a discount on a new set, so now I have extras.

The lug nut covers are also fine. They do stick out further than the Tesla's cap set.

Personally I like the contrast of the black and red or white logo over the matching set Tesla offers.

I purchased this set off Amazon. For $20, I figured I'd take my chances since I could get two of these for the same price as 1 set from Tesla. Plus 2 day shipping is a nice bonus. Been running them for a few weeks now and I highly recommend it! Only difference is the center piece is black, while the official Tesla set is designed to more match the color of the rim. Personally, I like the contrast :)

I purchased a set off of Amazon, but returned them and went with the OEM kit.
I was able to compare the 2 ...
The OEM kit has gray centers that perfectly match the wheel color - which I really like. The amazon kit had black centers, which I did not like. I searched for gray ones on amazon but nothing looked quite right.
Also the lug nut caps in the OEM kit were much smaller/lower profile compared to the Amazon kit.

For me the I'd rather pay $50 for the OEM kit than $20 for one on Amazon.

I purchased a set off of Amazon, but returned them and went with the OEM kit.
I was able to compare the 2 ...
The OEM kit has gray centers that perfectly match the wheel color - which I really like. The amazon kit had black centers, which I did not like. I searched for gray ones on amazon but nothing looked quite right.
Also the lug nut caps in the OEM kit were much smaller/lower profile compared to the Amazon kit.

For me the I'd rather pay $50 for the OEM kit than $20 for one on Amazon.

Just the info I was looking for. I don't see anything on Amazon with caps matching the color of the rim.

I purchased a couple of different sets from Amazon for around $20 shipped, and returned them all after trying them out. The center caps don't sit flush with the 18" Aero wheels (nor with the 20" sport wheel) and the black caps didn't look that good on the gunmetal rim. Even had a couple of tabs break off of the center caps when removing them.

I eventually just bought a wheel cap kit directly from Tesla and the quality of the center cap is very noticeable, as the Tesla caps are much better quality and the finish is much better and matches the gunmetal rim perfectly.

The lug nut caps are all the same. I have black and gunmetal colored caps to throw on, depending on how I'm feeling.

Reactions: rdskill