Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheel cap kit - updated 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So nobody’s tried the tesloid cap kit? Looks very similar to the original Tesla one, but with some sort of ease of removal modification... just a bit hesitant to be the test dummy if it’s a dud product

I got a set of the Tesloid caps last week. But since I don't have a car to put them on yet I can't really tell you much about them. They look nice, came well packaged and it should be easy to remove which was something I wanted so I could swap out with the aero covers quickly for road trips.

Has anyone bought and used the center cap kit from Customaerowheels?
They are now back in stock, $60 for the set of 4 with a 10% discount for Memorial Day sales?

I have seen many youtube videos but they are all sponsored and the person gets paid, I want non-biased.

I have them. Put them on a couple of weeks ago. Easy to install and I like the way they look. Happy with my purchase.
8DC2ADD6-33E9-4022-849A-42F7E9C83C20.jpeg

So nobody’s tried the tesloid cap kit? Looks very similar to the original Tesla one, but with some sort of ease of removal modification... just a bit hesitant to be the test dummy if it’s a dud product
This is an old thread but here is my experience in case anyone is looking at getting the tesloids.

I bought them from their website but they ship from an amazon warehouse so you should just buy them for the same price from amazon.

Once I received them I tried to install the lug nut covers but I couldn't. I thought they made them tighter so they don't fall off but once I finally got them on, they crack. Only tried 2 of them and put everything back in the box.

I contacted tesloid, they said that they are defective and that I can either get a refund or new ones. I asked to return them and they haven't replied in a week.

I would already have my money back if I had ordered from amazon instead.
1651171493790.jpeg

Has anyone found an aftermarket cover set for the center and lug nuts that matches the color of the 2022 aero wheels? Especially the center cap? I keep looking for them on Amazon and eBay but they all seem to be black versus dark gray.
I have a set of aero cover caps from the original aero kit if anyone is interested. I only used the lug-nut covers for my car, and would be happy to sell the cover caps.
20211230_091713.jpg
20211230_091656.jpg

Looks like Tesla came out with a new design for the Aero Wheel Cap kit.

Not sure I like it as much as the old design......

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

1603630-00-A_0.jpg

Atleast match the color of the rim... I think the old kit is better than this, this just looks so off.

Older is nicer, that looks like a sports protection cup

Definitely not an improvement.

Original looked much better.

They look awful. No way I'd buy those. Hope Tesla keeps making the old kit.

New aero wheels and sport wheels are worse looking than the originals and this wheel cap kit is following that trend... Not sure who is coming up with this stuff, but it is really ugly. and kinda cheap looking...

Anyone have any pics of the “old,” original cap kit for comparison?