Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheel covers on Model S 2017??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, have any older Model S owners felt like they wanted to try out the 2021 or newer aero covers on their older Model S? I dont even know if its possible to take the newer wheel covers and use them on a 2017, but I'd like to try them to see if I can squeeze out some extra range.

Reactions: msentesy
I did try this, didn't work. I tried on the 2015 wheels (the 5 spoke-style), and the slipstreams in my avatar, couldn't fit on either. The wheels need to be concave to fit the covers so the 5 spoke didn't work, and the slipstream style just have too many spokes and don't line up with the "fingers".

You could swap the entire wheels, but you have to look for the March 2020 tempest/aero wheels because I think at some point in 2021 they switched the wheels to a different width/offset. Not sure if I have the years right but at some point the newer ones I believe no longer fit our older cars.

I still have the tempest aero covers (lighter silver color, not the darker ones), trying to sell them though not sure why anyone would need extras unless they lost or broke theirs :)

Reactions: msentesy
I have 19" turbines and would love there to be done aftermarket aero covers!
Agreed! My car is a bit old so the range isn't terribly high compared to the new cars but anything I could do increase range would have a nice ROI compared to buying a new car.

I've been toying with adding a diesel heater for the winter drives as my range is about 130 miles in deep winter mountain driving (about 440wh/mi), but every time I get excited about it I realize how much work it's going to be then give up :)

Reactions: OVB1