Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

aero wheel for older Model S 19"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pre-refreah 2016 S90D. I wonder about some aero wheels equivalent to what is available for the Model 3/Y.
I have seen the tempest wheel covers (see below) which claim 3+% improvement in highway range.
Will they fit my 5 double spoke wheels (I forget their name but similar to the wheels at right but each spoke is equal thickness)? I also have after market winter rims similar to the turbines advertised.
I would not mind putting these on before a longer highway trip off the beaten path. An extra dozen km's seems worth the hassle. Any suggestions?

messages-jpg.515534

I have a pre-refreah 2016 S90D. I wonder about some aero wheels equivalent to what is available for the Model 3/Y.
I have seen the tempest wheel covers (see below) which claim 3+% improvement in highway range.
Will they fit my 5 double spoke wheels (I forget their name but similar to the wheels at right but each spoke is equal thickness)? I also have after market winter rims similar to the turbines advertised.
I would not mind putting these on before a longer highway trip off the beaten path. An extra dozen km's seems worth the hassle. Any suggestions?

messages-jpg.515534
The Tempest wheel covers will not fit on the split-5-spoke old standard Model S wheels. They’ll only fit on the split-7-spoke wheels that you see in the picture to the right.