Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheel replacement - OEM or remanfactured - any difference?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tagged a curb with my car and wheel is cracked so looking for a replacement. Not urgent as I'll be putting snow tires/ wheels on.

Anyone purchased OEM 18" aero wheel from Telsa - if so what was the cost?

I see multiple options online for ~$200 for remanufactured wheels.

Thanks!
31CB5D10-1A5D-4892-8AAF-A18F43D68943.jpeg

I question whether those $200.00 OEM wheels on eBay are really OEM. eBay can be a crap shoot.
Some of them on eBay may not be OEM, but there for sure are plenty of OEM ones too. Just buy from a reputable seller and check the feedback.

You can also buy 18" aero wheels or 19" sport wheels in the for sale forum on here all the time too. There is an abundance of people swapping wheels and getting rid of rims regularly.

Reactions: rpiotro
Some of them on eBay may not be OEM, but there for sure are plenty of OEM ones too. Just buy from a reputable seller and check the feedback.

You can also buy 18" aero wheels or 19" sport wheels in the for sale forum on here all the time too. There is an abundance of people swapping wheels and getting rid of rims regularly.
yes... I'm seeing there are lots of options on ebay! Some unrepaired, pretty rough looking OEM wheels to OEM wheels that have been refinished.

I will be swapping my winters on to the car tonight thus I have a few months to get this sorted out.

I am also on the hunt for local seller looking to off load their non needed rims. Nothing terribly close but didn't find one person who I'm in touch with.