Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels without wheel caps, without lug nut caps and center cap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've removed my center caps and swapped out the Aeros several times. I use an old detailing dent puller I bought at O'Reilly's. You don't want to pry and leave marks on the plastic...
IMG_20190720_101307511.jpg

Reactions: Tam
Oh yeah...
I don't like leaving the center hub open, just looks incomplete and dirty. The lug nuts don't bother me as much BUT since the lugs don't come all the way out to the end of the nuts it leaves a place for dirt, road tar, etc. So as you see in the prior post, I leave the nut covers on regardless of whether I have the Aero hubcaps on or not.
Enjoy your awesome cars, drive! :cool:

Thought I'd make my first post a potentially dumb question.

Anyone rolling with the aero wheels without caps and not covering the lug nuts or center hub? Here's the dumb question: what is the potential disadvantage of not covering those up?

All responses, including burns, are appreciated!

Shouldnt drive them open when raining and snowing. Salt and water will corrode the nuts making them impossible to take off without snapping the studs.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Tell you what I'd go for if someone made them; hubcaps that replicate the 19" sport wheels. Those bring out something in the car that makes my knees weak, on a Pearl White paint. I tried to switch mid-order, and the $3700 tax break issue made me retreat. (June 15th, that was)

How to choose the wheel caps?
Round or square?
1573028908578-png.30381
It looks like the kit on top is the Tesla kit that I have. The center caps are a matching color to the 18" Aeros (posted above). The lower one has a black center cap and round lug covers. They also look more glossy and I'm not familiar with what kind they are. Kinda up to your personal taste. I love mine and the one's you found might be what you're looking for.
If you do go with the glossies, let us know what you think and post a pic or 3! :D
Good luck and have fun with it!! :cool: