Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took mine off. I like the looks of the wheels much better.

I made a trip from Raleigh to Wilmington (150 miles) with aero covers on. I have since made a trip to Winston-Salem (250 miles) with the covers off. There are so many variables for each trip but I was able to get close to the same 225 wh/mi on both trips.

I was planning on taking the covers off, and using them for winter rims. And getting 19" OEM for summer.
After having them for a few days and even ordering the cap kit. They are growing on me.

I have the midnight silver P3D- and thought they would be the worst combination.
But now I kind of like them. I really like the car being a sleeper too.

The shiny grey part of the wheel covers is almost exactly the color of the Midnight Silver, it looks like they were color coordinated.

I got 230 wh/mi for 120 miles this weekend doing 65 mph. I'll take it :)
When frigid temps set in on the battery, lower regen, heater going, and doing 20%-80% 12 mile bonus will come in handy.

Everyone in the family told me they look better OFF.

m3_aero.JPG
m3_tint.JPG

You guys who all buy a car from the future and want wheels that look like the past...and cost you 5% more driving energy to do it...I don't get it but I guess people do what people do...in the future, al cars will be electric...and all will have aero wheels....isn't it up to us to pave the way?

Everyone in the family told me they look better OFF.
Ignore them. :D I think the Aero wheels look best on the red and the white cars (love the Stormtrooper look).

I have the center cap kit and tried that for a while, but then switched back to the Aero covers. Maybe I'll switch again sometime. I like both looks in their own way. But more important for me are the increased efficiency and the fact that I have more rubber between the wheel and the road.