Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aerodynamic wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone knows any product offerings for discs to go over our wheels to convert them into more aerodynamic wheels? I've been looking for the Tesla Model S Aero wheels and have had no luck at all, not sure how good they are but I have no doubt they'd perform better than my 21" turbines, possibly even my 19" slipstreams...

I want to extend the range of my car for long trips and was thinking some sort of clear cover which blocks the wind but still gives "similar" aesthetic would be pretty sweet, these would not be for high-performance driving, just locking in to 72mph on the highway with AP on for long stretches...

Any thoughts? I thought I saw something on the forums about this type of thing before?

I've had similar results but I went from 21" turbines to the slipstream. I noticed such an improvement that it got me wondering what the "ultimate" solution would be and how that would effect my roadtrips. For daily driving, not such a big deal but for those road-trips where you wanna go 200+ miles between charging stations the P85D can't comfortably do it with the 21s, with the 19 slipstreams it can do it but barely and my hope is that if I did a full-disc wheel it would potentially improve another 5-10%... Maybe I'm dreaming though...