Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aeroguard damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if this undercarriage area is the aeroguard?

Picked up my new MYLR few days ago and literally have not driven it anywhere… I was researching mudflaps and scoping out the install situation when I see that I do not have the two retaining pins in the rear wheel wells as all the instructions say to remove. There is only one pin on each side and when I looked deeper, I see the whole plastic undercarriage thing is hanging off, and not properly secured.

I have read people talking about damaged aeroguard - is this the aeroguard? I’m going to take it for some minor repairs under warranty so will ask them to fix it.

Do you guys see issue driving the car around for the next week until the service, in relative dry California weather? It’s only slightly hanging and not dragging, but not sure how bad it is that the internal workings of the car are slightly more exposed due to it. I wouldn’t have even caught this if I wasn’t looking to install mudflaps…

Attachments

• CB2EA4B2-226C-4A06-90EA-854E495ED7EE.jpeg
    CB2EA4B2-226C-4A06-90EA-854E495ED7EE.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 86E94094-CA3C-453F-94F7-050FD08AE8AA.jpeg
    86E94094-CA3C-453F-94F7-050FD08AE8AA.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 110
Just take it into the SC and show it to them pronto, especially if you just picked it up a few days ago. I would hope they would fix it right there. I would'nt drive it around too much as if and when they do fly off, Tesla has been known to classify those as "wear and tear" and might not fix.
So that's an option...but this looks to be a REALLY simple fix if you are the least bit handy. Look at your first pic and you'll see the clip. It apparently either came through the attachment point or was never put there to begin with. You can reseat this one (see the little place where you put a flat screwdriver). Just pull out *both* pieces of that clip, separate the two, align the body panels, push the inside part through both of the holes, then push the other part through the hole to spread out the inside pice, securing it. If you are ok with that, you can always just goto an auto parts store and get three more for the missing ones.

Aero-guard is up front just before the main battery pack. That undercarriage piece is in the rear. It's definitely out of place as the holes don't line up with the wheel-well liner. Almost looks like it got caught on something on the road and was pulled down. I would try to pop it back into place but since you already have a service appt, let the SC take care of it. Should be a super easy fix though.