Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aerospace 303 protectant interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all,
First post here. Taking deliverey of a blue Y LR this week, and had questions about protecting the interior.
move used the 303 protectant on seats and dashes in previous cars with no issues, has anyone found anything better to use for the interior?

thanks

for what it’s worth it’s a vin of 112xxx so yes to the new heated steering wheel.

For regular cleaning of the Model Y polyurethane (PU) seats just a damp microfiber cloth and water (tap or distilled or even Evian water) or water mixed with a small amount of dish washing liquid detergent to loosen any dirt. Then dry the seats thoroughly with a clean microfiber towel. For protection you can't do better than the 303 protectant. I park my Model Y in my garage so it is exposed to very little sunlight. I apply 303 protectant once or twice a year. Be sure to dry off the seats after applying the 303.

Avoid damage to the Model Y seats from contact with sunscreen products. Be sure to thoroughly clean off any surfaces where a passenger that was wearing sunscreen has been sitting. Also, some hair care products and contact with natural hair oils can damage the PU covering of the Model Y head rest.

More here: Best Recommendations for cleaning and protecting interior for M3

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jerseygirl18
For regular cleaning of the Model Y polyurethane (PU) seats just a damp microfiber cloth and water (tap or distilled or even Evian water) or water mixed with a small amount of dish washing liquid detergent to loosen any dirt. Then dry the seats thoroughly with a clean microfiber towel. For protection you can't do better than the 303 protectant. I park my Model Y in my garage so it is exposed to very little sunlight. I apply 303 protectant once or twice a year. Be sure to dry off the seats after applying the 303.

Avoid damage to the Model Y seats from contact with sunscreen products. Be sure to thoroughly clean off any surfaces where a passenger that was wearing sunscreen has been sitting. Also, some hair care products and contact with natural hair oils can damage the PU covering of the Model Y head rest.

More here: Best Recommendations for cleaning and protecting interior for M3
I use 303 also but have always wondered about the instructions to wipe the 303 off as soon as applied - how does it offer protection if wiped off?

I use 303 also but have always wondered about the instructions to wipe the 303 off as soon as applied - how does it offer protection if wiped off?
303 Products - 303 Products - 303® Automotive Protectant

Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection.

• Helpful
Reactions: jerseygirl18