Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aesthetica Cosmetics Autopilot prank

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that the young woman who is "driving" believes this video is entertaining. To me it is not, it merely shows her extremely poor judgement. She does not understand that Autopilot is far from perfect even on roads where it's use is appropriate, and she is responsible for the operation of the vehicle and the safety of her passengers.
In short, she is acting like a complete idiot.

This video should be removed - and they should loose their driver licenses instantly. You can see, that both in the front seats turn around at some point, so no one is watching the street.

It is only a matter of time, till some idiot will kill people.

So please all: Autopilot is hands on and only to use, while controlling the route every second!

This isn't funny at all.

I can't believe anyone is doing what they are doing, making videos like this. When I saw auto pilot, I was happy and excited that now, when people fall asleep at the wheel (or have a stroke or heart attack), the car could help prevent a head on collision or from going off the road. Maybe if people are impaired by drinking alcohol, the auto pilot might reduce the chances of them getting in an accident and hurting someone or worse. But to deliberately take hands off the wheel when it's against all of Tesla's warnings is belligerent. Elon said that the drivers of the cars would become the best trainers for the auto pilot to create ultra-detailed driving maps. Until these ultra detailed maps get filled in and we have enough data, people are really taking a chance to hurt themselves and to hurt someone else. I bought my car because it was the safest car on the road, among other reasons, and I sure don't want to make it less safe by humans using technology in a way it was not intended to be used, yet. IMHO, It's a selfish decision to value making a viral video prank, more than respecting the rules of the company and the safety of passengers and other cars around her.

This will not stop and it will end with an accident with 100% of the blame placed on Tesla and AP.
I am not saying that AP will be a fault but with the number of AP cars on the road and people who want to show off their self driving car I give it 4-6 weeks before something bad happens.

Then the sh*t storm of how dangerous AP is will be all over the media I would not be surprised if Tesla pull this altogether.

I sincerely hope I am 100% wrong

This will not stop and it will end with an accident with 100% of the blame placed on Tesla and AP.
I am not saying that AP will be a fault but with the number of AP cars on the road and people who want to show off their self driving car I give it 4-6 weeks before something bad happens.

Then the sh*t storm of how dangerous AP is will be all over the media I would not be surprised if Tesla pull this altogether.

I sincerely hope I am 100% wrong

The media blame might be, but the legal blame will not. After all, these people are providing complete video documentation of their negligence.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears that the young woman who is "driving" believes this video is entertaining. To me it is not, it merely shows her extremely poor judgement. She does not understand that Autopilot is far from perfect even on roads where it's use is appropriate, and she is responsible for the operation of the vehicle and the safety of her passengers.
In short, she is acting like a complete idiot.

I would bet the owner is the unseen person with the accent. I'd also bet it was his brilliant idea to film this. The woman seems to be his co-worker/accomplice in this very dangerous exhibition.

Last edited by a moderator: