Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Affective Screen Cover for Model S? What are you using?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit “Effective” I just replaced the MCU screen on my 13 Model S (along with EEMC memory upgrade from EVFIXME and LTE modem upgrade). Even know the MCU screen is brand new and Rev C it still gets hot to the touch. I am very paranoid that because of the heat in So Cal 100 degrees+ that the screen will develop the same issue.

I use a windshield cover already. Do they make a cover for the screen for while the car is parked? Not looking for a protector, just a cover.
What is everybody using if anything?

I thought about just using a towel but if there is anything professionally made like for the 3 I’d be interested.

Thanks

Edit “Effective” I just replaced the MCU screen on my 13 Model S (along with EEMC memory upgrade from EVFIXME and LTE modem upgrade). Even know the MCU screen is brand new and Rev C it still gets hot to the touch. I am very paranoid that because of the heat in So Cal 100 degrees+ that the screen will develop the same issue.

I use a windshield cover already. Do they make a cover for the screen for while the car is parked? Not looking for a protector, just a cover.

I thought about just using a towel but if there is anything professionally made like for the 3 I’d be interested.

Thanks
I haven’t seen products made to protect the mcu screen from the sun. I’d see benefit from this as I do not tint my car’s windows and would definitely buy. Let us know if you find anything!

Thanks

never heard of this concern before. Is THAT much sunlight coming into the side/back/top glass and glaring onto the MCU? If "yes", perhaps a better solution is ceramic window tint.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman