TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Affective Screen Cover for Model S? What are you using?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sidewayzgtjb, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Sidewayzgtjb

Sidewayzgtjb Member

Edit “Effective” I just replaced the MCU screen on my 13 Model S (along with EEMC memory upgrade from EVFIXME and LTE modem upgrade). Even know the MCU screen is brand new and Rev C it still gets hot to the touch. I am very paranoid that because of the heat in So Cal 100 degrees+ that the screen will develop the same issue.

I use a windshield cover already. Do they make a cover for the screen for while the car is parked? Not looking for a protector, just a cover.
    What is everybody using if anything?

I thought about just using a towel but if there is anything professionally made like for the 3 I’d be interested.

Thanks

2. Maldist

Maldist Member

I haven’t seen products made to protect the mcu screen from the sun. I’d see benefit from this as I do not tint my car’s windows and would definitely buy. Let us know if you find anything!

3. rooter

rooter Member

How could a screen cover have an influence on your emotional state?

• Funny x 3
  4. 2101Guy

2101Guy Member

never heard of this concern before. Is THAT much sunlight coming into the side/back/top glass and glaring onto the MCU? If "yes", perhaps a better solution is ceramic window tint.

• Helpful x 1
  5. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Active Member

The sun isn’t the issue for the mcu issues. Worst case the bubbling happening is actually more likely from the temperature inside the car. On the S the mcu and the IC are both inset unlike the 3 that’s completely exposed. If you’re worried ceramic coat.

6. Russell

Russell Supporting Member

Since you already have a windshield screen that blocks the sun's rays, enable cabin overheat protection control the interior temperature.