Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 111 days, my TapTes order is finally complete!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
A warning to anyone considering a purchase from Taptes, although I appreciate some may of had a different experience...

Ordered 6 items totalling £270 on January 16:

Code:
Cargo Liners for Tesla Model 3 - Frunk Liner
Dispatched February 22, 69 days from order to delivery

Cargo Liners for Tesla Model 3 - Trunk Liner
Dispatched February 22, 61 days from order to delivery

7PCS Center Console&Cup Holder Liners for Tesla Model 3 - Black Trim
Dispatched March 6, 58 days from order to delivery

TAPTES Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3,
Dispatched March 6, 58 days from order to delivery

TAPTES RHD Model 3 All-Weather Floor Mats - RHD Floor Mats
Dispatched March 12, 82 days from order to delivery

TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub, Designed for Tesla Model 3 Dashcam & Sentry Mode
Dispatched April 6, 111 days from order to delivery

Upon ordering, all items were in stock except for the USB hub which I was originally anticipating a 3 week delay on. I know Covid-19 hasn't helped and mistakes happen but it's how the mistakes are resolved that count. Communication via email, live chat and even DM's on this forum was dire and led nowhere with a raft of invalid excuses each time.

All of the items I've purchased with the exception of the USB hub are available to buy from the Model 3/Y store on AliExpress (and often cheaper). I've placed 3 orders with them so far and the longest delivery wait was 11 days. Seems this company actually has stock of their items as they dispatch next day. The remaining wait time is the shipping from China.

So please don't buy from Taptes, use these guys instead:
https://luckeasymodel.aliexpress.com

/rant over

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and Jez_GB
[QUOTE="Medved_77, post: 4679831, member: 126607"

So please don't buy from Taptes, use these guys instead:
https://luckeasymodel.aliexpress.com

/rant over[/QUOTE]

How about let's cool it for orders from China for a while until we know the full shape of their Covid role and their ability to do responsible commerce?

I ordered a SpaceX emblem via Amazon due to arrive a month ago via China Post. Tracker says it left China 21 March. Good thing Amazon has a A-Z Guarantee for refunds.

I compared my order experience to another store operating out of the same region in China to be fair. Both selling the same items yet one able to dispatch next day.

Additionally, I know of others that ordered the hub long after me and received it well before me. Yes, some delay is inevitable but not almost 4 months.

Last edited:
Been using Luckeasy for their Matte carbon items - very good quality.
Taptes still haven't sent my order from beginning of March for RHD mats, now saying they may have to send them to European distribution centre before onwards to me.

Reactions: Medved_77
Been using Luckeasy for their Matte carbon items - very good quality.
Taptes still haven't sent my order from beginning of March for RHD mats, now saying they may have to send them to European distribution centre before onwards to me.
Are you trying to get hold of the all weather ones similar to the MaxPiders?

OK, Taptes did manage to send those to me eventually.

Noticed very similar/likely the same LHD versions on Model 3/Y store, suspect it won't be long until they do the RHD version.

Apparently if I want them sent it by DHL I need to spend anything up to 300 dollars extra!
Yes I initially asked on the availability of the RHD versions from Luckeasy but unfortunately nothing at the time .