Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 6 months of loving my car, version 8 makes me want to sell it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes... well don't blame Tesla.

You can blame all of the idiots doing stupid things on YouTube. You can blame the folks who had accidents while doing emails, watching movies, taking a snooze and then decided to blame Tesla. And you can blame the folks who, after predictable consequences, decided that they never understood the VERY CLEAR instructions in the owners manual, on the initial feature enable screen and on the driver console each time when they engaged the autopilot. And you can blame the folks who claimed (with a straight face) that they believed, despite all of the above, that autopilot turned their car into K.I.T.T. from Knightrider.

Telsa started out treating us like adults. We rapidly demonstrated to them that we aren't adults. And then Tesla (likely forced by the NHTSA) had to enforce the "hands on wheel" provision that we all agreed to.

Tesla is not to blame. WE, collectively, are to blame. Accept it.

I absolutely couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

Jeff

Considering all of the unchecked rants and whining on various threads as of late, it's more than reasonable to ask whether or not the poster in question (u00mem9) is able to take a step back anymore...

Jeff

Maybe you should see it more of a sign of the user base clearly out grown the early adopter fanatics, and that Tesla needs to take some corrective action, soon.

Are you able to be even remotely reasonable or have you passed the point of no return?... Perhaps you should seek professional help...

Perhaps you should stop responding to people in personally offensive ways just because you don't like their opinion? Just a thought.

Feels a little like 1984??? Perhaps you should go back and read that book again...

The sky isn't falling... You and a few others need to calm down a bit...

Perhaps you should stop telling people how to feel and focus on bringing something of value to your discussions.

Considering all of the unchecked rants and whining on various threads as of late, it's more than reasonable to ask whether or not the poster in question (u00mem9) is able to take a step back anymore...

You seem to be the only one "whining" in this and other threads because people don't agree with your fanboyish pronouncements.

• Love
Reactions: u00mem9
As someone still on 7.1 is there nothing better about 8.0. As in you would not download if you had to do it again?
OMG, consider yourself lucky. Your car just doubled in value. DO NOT UPGRADE!!!!1!!eleven!

8.0 IS COMPLETE AND UTTER CRAP. I cannot think of a single thing *I* find better in it. Others' opinion may vary, and no judgements if they do... but I think it needs to go. Hard. Model 3 reservation is close to being cancelled if this is the "future".

Reactions: u00mem9 and Boatguy