Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 6 months or more of ownership (Model M3) - Poll

Now that you've had your M3 for more than six months, how do you feel about it?

• Pretty much the same as I did when I took delivery - GREAT!

Votes: 175 66.0%
  • Better than when I took delivery (Explain)

Votes: 69 26.0%
  • I kinda have buyers' remorse...

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • I got rid of mine before six months so I can really vote, other than this selection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The hype wore off. It's still a good car, but it's just an appliance to me now.

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to wait 5 more months to respond to this poll. :confused:
I agree it seems like most of the threads sounds like we're on Yelp, not TMC.
Everyone who's happy with their cars are out cruising! Me, I have to eat and wash once in a while then I will find another reason to run an errand. Go visiting. Just cruise.
Your polls are always fun,
See you in 5 more months with my better than when I took delivery vote... ;)

I have to wait 5 more months to respond to this poll. :confused:
I agree it seems like most of the threads sounds like we're on Yelp, not TMC.
Everyone who's happy with their cars are out cruising! Me, I have to eat and wash once in a while then I will find another reason to run an errand. Go visiting. Just cruise.
Your polls are always fun,
See you in 5 more months with my better than when I took delivery vote... ;)

Thank you! Yelp - I thought it was just me that thought Yelp had the most negative reviews of any site I've ever visited! Guess not!

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I voted "better". My Model 3 was my first foray into electric cars. I had a lot of range anxiety at the beginning. Having taken my car on many 600+ mile trips, I can say that that worry is no more, and charging on the go is such a non-issue.

10 months+ in and 14,000 miles later, I love every day driving with my car. I have a co-worker who occasionally asks about my car. When he did that just last week, he said "you know, you always have a big grin on your face when you reply". That, in a nutshell, is how I feel.

Reactions: KJD and jebinc
I have mixed feels that the poll doesn’t reflect so I didn’t vote.

One of the biggest reasons I bought the car was FSD some day (like in 5 years).

But after 9 months I feel it’s not much better at that, than when I got it. And in some respect it’s worse. But they have 4.25 years to go.

The rate of getting bugs fixed is disturbingly slow. I’ve yet to see any bugs fixed.

The fact they are laying off service people really concerns me.

Disturbing number of design flaws. Ripped off under liner hitting puddles, rear bumpers falling off, glass roof cracks, frozen windows, trim near rear view won’t stay flush to name a few.

Car is pretty loud on highway, but I knew that going in. And I think I’ve improved it a lot. But feel I shouldn’t have had too. And still a little louder than I’d like at this price point.

The best thing is simply how the car drives. And the “EV” part is nice.

I don’t regret getting it. But if I had to do it all over again, I’m not sure I would. The amount of work ahead for Elon is daunting. I think a year from now with HW3 in place my feelings will shift. My gut feeling is, it will be similar though. 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I have mixed feels that the poll doesn’t reflect so I didn’t vote.

One of the biggest reasons I bought the car was FSD some day (like in 5 years).

But after 9 months I feel it’s not much better at that, than when I got it. And in some respect it’s worse. But they have 4.25 years to go.

The rate of getting bugs fixed is disturbingly slow. I’ve yet to see any bugs fixed.

The fact they are laying off service people really concerns me.

Disturbing number of design flaws. Ripped off under liner hitting puddles, rear bumpers falling off, glass roof cracks, frozen windows, trim near rear view won’t stay flush to name a few.

Car is pretty loud on highway, but I knew that going in. And I think I’ve improved it a lot. But feel I shouldn’t have had too. And still a little louder than I’d like at this price point.

The best thing is simply how the car drives. And the “EV” part is nice.

I don’t regret getting it. But if I had to do it all over again, I’m not sure I would. The amount of work ahead for Elon is daunting. I think a year from now with HW3 in place my feelings will shift. My gut feeling is, it will be similar though. 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

Perhaps when you wear the OEM tires out there will be options to get quieter tires? I think that's where most of the noise comes from. In the mean time, you could install these (below). For less than $40, it made a noticeable noise reduction, AND keeps everything cleaner in the door jam area. Took about an hour to do, but I took my time as it was a nice sunny day. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R13DYYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Perhaps when you wear the OEM tires out there will be options to get quieter tires? I think that's where most of the noise comes from. In the mean time, you could install these (below). For less than $40, it made a noticeable noise reduction, AND keeps everything cleaner in the door jam area. Took about an hour to do, but I took my time as it was a nice sunny day. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R13DYYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, already did both. See my signature. I'd say Noise level is now around B to B+.
Luckily I don't drive 85 MPH because if I did it really would be pretty bad. Varies a ton with road texture (that other cars I have are not as sensitive to).

Thanks, already did both. See my signature. I'd say Noise level is now around B to B+.
Luckily I don't drive 85 MPH because if I did it really would be pretty bad. Varies a ton with road texture (that other cars I have are not as sensitive to).

What "Fix" made the biggest difference in noise reduction for you? And, how much time and effort was involved to implementing that "fix"?

Reactions: jebinc
Holy moly, thanks for the info, I've never had a flat tire or bent rim in 20 years driving, also never had low profile tires. Read in another thread 17" is the smallestl a 3 can take but it's a very close fit.

That probably depends if it has the Performance Brakes or not.

BTW Tesla just started to offer Performance Stealth again (Performance with 18" wheels, assuming no performance brakes). Might be "Off Menu". That's what I got last October.

• Informative
Reactions: tander
That probably depends if it has the Performance Brakes or not.

BTW Tesla just started to offer Performance Stealth again (Performance with 18" wheels, assuming no performance brakes). Might be "Off Menu". That's what I got last October.

That's what I wanted too, but it wasn't there on 6/16 when I ordered. Ended up with the LR AWD w/FSD, etc. Hoping for a software upgrade now that the LR AWD priced dropped (and the value of my, not yet three week old M3, dropped by $2,200). Would love just the 0-20 acceleration bump, as compensation from Tesla.... :p

I selected the 'buyer's remorse' option.

This isn't entirely true, but it's close. I paid extra to have the pearl white paint (which is now standard and $2k less than I paid) and I've also seen the price drop ~$10k for the AWD LR option. It's fine, I get that I paid a premium to have it in early February, but I wish I had known price and option changes have varied so dramatically. As a car it's great and I'm glad to have it -- I just wish Tesla was more mature as a company so that things like pricing and options didn't vary so drastically from month to month.

Reactions: gecko10x
I selected the 'buyer's remorse' option.

This isn't entirely true, but it's close. I paid extra to have the pearl white paint (which is now standard and $2k less than I paid) and I've also seen the price drop ~$10k for the AWD LR option. It's fine, I get that I paid a premium to have it in early February, but I wish I had known price and option changes have varied so dramatically. As a car it's great and I'm glad to have it -- I just wish Tesla was more mature as a company so that things like pricing and options didn't vary so drastically from month to month.

I took delivery of a LR AWD w/FSD and premium white interior three weeks ago, so, "I feel your pain"!

I'm curious to hear from M3 owners who have had their M3 for more than 6 months, what you think about your M3 today, as compared to your feelings when you first took delivery (of a new or used M3) - Hence this poll.
I had high expectations and my M3 has met or exceeded them. I have driven 18K miles in 9 months - I have a P3D with 18 inch wheels and super glad I got that as I live in Truckee CA and with winter tires it was a great winter car as well - sure it won't go through 18 inches of snow but as long as it wasn't deep snow traction with the 4WD and snow tires is awesome. I love AP and it makes long drives in heavy traffic much easy mentally and even physically

“Better”. Just over a year now and 19K miles. Four road trips. Hand wash it myself every Saturday, I fall in love with it again every time. It is such a beauty. Never owned a red car before. The OTAs are such a bonus. Not perfect yet but Tesla has always responded to my (and others) issues. I don't mind at all that it is a work in progress. We have a very responsive SC and I've used them a couple of times. The first time the "little red car" even came back with some paint chips touched up. I had to drive an ice machine for a week due to some minor body damage. I swore then "never again". Had to replace the 18" OEM tires which was a shocker but Michelin credited me with $650 so the set of four cost me $550. Off the subject but Discount Tire is a jewel. Free rotations and other goodies plus fast service. I use EAP and TWCC on every road. Navigate on auto steering on the interstate. These features really take the stress out of an 8 hour drive. By the way the roof screens on Amazon are worth every penny in the summer living in Tucson. My wife didnt want anything to do with driving it (she is a self admitted Luddite) but just agreed to drive it on our last trip. She drove it the whole day, wouldn't let me drive. Wants an X now. The M3 is a new adventure with a full tank every day.

Last edited:
I only have buyer's remorse in that I got the LR RWD too soon, and could have gotten an LR AWD for the only a little bit more $ a few months afterwards :(.

Similar experience. I bought the LR AWD that you wanted and three weeks later, I could have bought the M3P- for the same price as I paid three weeks earlier for the LR AWD. Oh well... :( Glad to see this thread reemerge! :)