Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 8.0 Upgrade - 'Autopilot Features Currently Unavailable -- Manual Driving Required While...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my software upgrade today and installed it. When trying to activate the cruise control or auto pilot, I get this warning: "Autopilot Features Currently Unavailable -- Manual Driving Required While Camera is Calibrating"

I drove for about 15 miles on streets and on the freeway, but I could not get the warning to clear.

Does anyone one know how many miles are needed to calibrate the cameras?

Thanks,
Brent
FullSizeRender.jpg

There is at least one report that 4-5 hours does it.

From the comments on this article:
I just called customer service. Apparently this is actually normal and expected for every enhanced autopilot car. After ~4-5 hours of driving(not necessarily continuous) it'll show up a message saying the camera has been calibrated and will enable enhanced autopilot features after the next time it's parked.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm also trying to take surface streets around town now, since the vast vast majority of that driving was purely on freeway.

You might want to leave your car parked near wifi as the system needs time to digest its calibration and after calibrated AP will only activate after you've pulled over and parked and let the car go into off mode (usually takes 5 minutes). Then once you fire it back up again, you'll have EAP (or whatever this is) and calibrated cameras.