Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After alignment my brand new model x feels sluggish? please help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks..my brand new model x was in SC for the last week. They had to replace the windshield because some crack developed overnight. I also asked them to check the alignment as my steering wheel was pulling to the right.
Today I picked up my car and feel the acceleration is very sluggish (90D). The invoice says...they adjusted the caster, camber and toe. I feel like..I need to press the accelerator harder than before?

Is there any relation? Can the alignment adjusting make the car stiff?
Or...is this just my imagination? I have been driving a loaner cadillac xts loaner car for the past 8 days.
That car does have a east steering wheel and good initial pickup.
Is it because of the regen I'm feeling the car is sluggish?

Any suggestions before I call SC again? Any help is greatly is appreciated.
Can't imagine cadillac is more effortless than my 90D:(

Maybe it's in valet mode?

Also, I don't recall how to do it, but you can change the power mode to equal different models. Perhaps yours is set for the 60D or 75D somehow? Any chance the service center may have changed and never set it back to 90D?

I don't think alignment should hinder acceleration, unless it is way off. Try coasting in neutral to see if it feels like it is dragging.

Also, I don't recall how to do it, but you can change the power mode to equal different models. Perhaps yours is set for the 60D or 75D somehow? Any chance the service center may have changed and never set it back to 90D?

I don't think alignment should hinder acceleration, unless it is way off. Try coasting in neutral to see if it feels like it is dragging.

@gavine..thanks for your suggestions. I checked my app...it is not in valet mode.
I thought those speed modes only apply to showroom models...in the production cars we might not be able to that.
But anyways...I'll investigate this.
I'll try the coasting in neutral and see...my steering wheel looks straight though..meaning it was not pulling.
I'll check all these in my evening commute and update.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
@deonb..yes. It had 200 miles when I picked up the car from SC this morning.
That brings another point though...it was a cold night here in bay area and the they might have parked the car outside.
May be the cold soaked battery is sluggish?
I hope..I see better result this evening when I go back home.

Are you fully charged? Acceleration heavily depends on SOC.

Does that apply to non-performance models? I always thought it only mattered on the P's. For example, the P100D does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds at 25% SOC which is way faster than a non-P 100D at 100% so the battery is capable of putting-out more power at 25% than the non-P motors can draw.

Source: DragTimes

Another thing is that sluggishness is subjective. I've had days where the car just feels slower--not just the Model S, other cars too. In some I've had instrumentation that has let me know that the feeling of sluggishness (or quickness, sometimes the car feels faster as well) is mental rather than physical.

Hi Guys..@jerry33 might have a point here. I do feel the accelerator is hard but it could as well be mental.
My wh/mile was normal at 370. I feel regen is also strong.I always drive in standard mode. BTW..I forgot to mention
that they replaced my rear tire. My original tire became flat due to nail and was not patchable.
If I don't feel better in the next few days..I'll check with SC and update here.
Anyways..I need to go there to replace one of the lift gate seals.

I was thinking exactly the same thing