TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

After autopilot update, undecided about getting M3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by amoeba, Jun 17, 2018.

1. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Wouldn’t that make it FSD?

Is there more planned to EAP than what it is now? I’m hoping there’s more. But I was under the impression that after summons. This was it.

2. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Missing is still On-ramp to Off-ramp (freeway transitioning/exiting freeway) and Smart Summon (summon with ability to take curves)

3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

I do not exactly what your requesting. Generally it doesn’t nag. Occasionally it does and I do a slight tug on the wheel. In bumper to bumper it doesn’t happen as often.

I find the change didn’t impact me at all.

Clearly others are more troubled by it.

4. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Those will still be part of normal EAP? Will be able to change freeways on its own?

Don’t need FSD?

Ya. Taking a curve on summons would be awesome!!!

5. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Btw @amoeba maybe you could get an S as an overnight loaner or rent a model 3 on Turo. It would let you go into this more fully informed.

6. TT97

TT97 Active Member

According to the Tesla website, they are part of EAP:

Autopilot

7. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Wait to see if 24.1 improves then make decision.

8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I personally don't care if you do or don't get a Model 3 based on what you've read about EAP/Autosteer. So I'm not trying to persuade you either way.
    I can tell you that my personal experience of it driving my 50 mile commute is that EAP/Autosteer is worth every cent paid.
    Previously I would get home faster by skipping off the highway onto the frontage road then back onto the highway to miss slower traffic.
    Now I don't bother, I just let the car manage the drive while I oversee it. So much more relaxing.
    My previous car was a Leaf, and driving an EV in heavy traffic is much more relaxing than an ICE. Single pedal driving is just so much easier and chill.
    EAP takes that to the next level.
    Again, that is my personal take on it.

9. Beckler

Beckler Member

I heard the next AP update will just be a bag of oranges in the frunk. Remember to replace weekly at service center.