Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After competent installation of two systems, nightmare scenario with Tesla Energy in FL – Other customers with similar experiences? Class action?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And OP seems long gone and we are just speculating and arguing with each other ... the internet is awesome 🤣

Unlike most drive by posts, this OP is a regular member on TMC. They may not be visiting this thread any longer, I have no idea of that or not, but they definitely are still here on TMC and posting.

FWIW, a burnt trace on a board is definitive proof of lightning damage. The insurance company can validate that there was in fact lightning strikes in the area, and process the claim even if you don’t have a smoking gun though. They also might require an electrical inspection to make sure there are no fire risks caused by insulation damage, but that is less likely.

Louis Rossmann repairs apple devices (phones and laptops) and is in process of opening a facility in flordia (good for you) and then perhaps texas. he is big into "right to repair." and since tesla doesn't what to repair/replace the logic board perhaps he is game. he is very sharp dude and entertaining (you tube channel).
you could also monetize the power wall doing a teardown on a youtube channel.

My cable pedestal, in the corner of my lot, got hit by lighting. the lightning got into the cable and entered the house thru the cable service entrance and chose a path thru the splitter in that box to my media panel, the other path was to my cable modem which was fine. it then passed thru a powered splitter (which died 8 weeks later and showed physical damage when tore apart) and blew out the cable box and then passed thru the hdmi cable to blow out my receiver.
so to me, it seems to pick a path and stay on it