Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Delivery Service Claim issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need advice how to proceed. When Tesla does EOQ delivery they rush you out and say you have 48 hours / 100 miles to make service claims on the app. SO I got my list together, the car finally went in yesterday morning. They didn't fix any of the issues list below. It seems They actually just installed my homelink and smeared clear silicone over the lift gate cracks. Got an automated message about 5:30pm my car was done and parked outside and to pick it up by 8pm before the gates close. Should I pursue another attempt to repair?

Passenger fender misalignment: Very noticeable by headlight and pillar
frunk: high in center, low on sides
rear lift gate: crack in seams / paint, glob / bubble in paint. Misaligned on driver side.
Driver rear rear door sags
Rear drive motor whine above 55, service tech acknowledged its a common complaint lately.

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 354
  • trunk.png
    trunk.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 273
  • trunk1.jpg
    trunk1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 280
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 280
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 301
Same here (almost)
Left side of the frunk is lower than the center
Driver side rear hatch has bigger gap then the other side (where rear hatch meets the roof)
Not sure how you confirm the rear motor whine? is it really noticeable? maybe I have to drive with window down to hear it?

Same here (almost)
Left side of the frunk is lower than the center
Driver side rear hatch has bigger gap then the other side (where rear hatch meets the roof)
Not sure how you confirm the rear motor whine? is it really noticeable? maybe I have to drive with window down to hear it?
Its very noticeable when drive above 55mph with the radio off or try to make a phone call. The tech rode with me and confirmed it immediately. The drive motor is under / behind the rear seat area and said the factory forgets to cover it properly or insulate it sometimes.

They resealed the seams and repainted the hatch, thats about all. The gaps on the sides don't match. The gaps on the taillights don't match. They don't seem to see it to understand it even when I measure it for them. I'd make a claim, then another. Plan on them having your car for weeks because tesla sub-contracts to local body shops.

Dang, that left headlight misalignment is just bad. I really like my Tesla, have no issues (one of the lucky ones I guess) and running well but stuff like this will definitely prevent me from buying another one. As of now I will not consider Tesla in the future.
I hope your issues get resolved.

They resealed the seams and repainted the hatch, thats about all. The gaps on the sides don't match. The gaps on the taillights don't match. They don't seem to see it to understand it even when I measure it for them. I'd make a claim, then another. Plan on them having your car for weeks because tesla sub-contracts to local body shops.
That freaking sucks..

What does that have to do with the initial delivery requests? The SA tells you to document and make a claim on the app within 48 hours or 100 miles, bro.
I think those are for those thing that can be really tricky to determine, such as paint issues, dings, tires/wheels, alignment, etc. if you don't let them know right away. Other items/issues are covered by the bumper to bumper warranty.

It's part of the "tesla experience". Especially when you live in an area that gets End of Season pushes for quarterly numbers. 95% of the car is great, I've come to just accept it. I hope the next car in the future if a better experience.
I am seeing those issues with the white cars more than other colors. Maybe the white color makes harder to detect those issues? not sure.

I think those are for those thing that can be really tricky to determine, such as paint issues, dings, tires/wheels, alignment, etc. if you don't let them know right away. Other items/issues are covered by the bumper to bumper warranty.
Were conflating 2 different stories here. As the title states, I've only ever been talking about the initial claims from the factory during the delivery process. White may be more obvious than others who knows.