Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After FSD 3.0, Summon accident!!! Crashed my bumper and hood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was happened today in a very empty parking lot, I was stoned when this was happened!! I was picking up my food in at local food square. Then I walked to another bubble tea store to order a tea on the other side of the restaurant I ordered food, then I used summon to get my model x come to me from restaurant to bubble tea store where instanced outside, they are on the same parking lot. It didn’t come straightly but go around the Parking lot and it hit the stop sign on the way to me without any hesitation, from the spot I stood, I can’t tell if the car will hit the stop sign, since I know for sure it will by pass it or stop, however, it went straight to it with a heartbreaking “bam”. I was shocked.
I am looking for advise how I can solve this issue or how to communicate with SC, will they use the log to investigate the accident. It’s bother me a lot not because the cosmetic damage, but the trusty and safety!! What if the stop sign is a person, a kid, or other cars!!!! This is ridiculously stupid!
I took the picture of the parking lot and the stop sign as well as the damage on my MX. i had the FSD upgraded last week.

1B24EAF6-B762-436C-AE4B-35032EFBCE2B.jpeg
FF7EC4F1-4C1E-4E9C-A19C-C585018BC2F0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As with all the other features, beta for life
This feature is more like alpha level pre-release than beta. I do agree that pretty much all of this AP/FSD stuff is beta for life.

I tell everyone to first test this feature out while sitting in the driver seat. If they feel comfortable with how it performs like this than move on to testing it from where you can see everything. Odds are it won't pass both of these tests so they'll never actually attempt what the OP did.

I don't blame the OP though. I blame Tesla for releasing such crap.

This feature is more like alpha level pre-release than beta. I do agree that pretty much all of this AP/FSD stuff is beta for life.

I tell everyone to first test this feature out while sitting in the driver seat. If they feel comfortable with how it performs like this than move on to testing it from where you can see everything. Odds are it won't pass both of these tests so they'll never actually attempt what the OP did.

I don't blame the OP though. I blame Tesla for releasing such crap.
I had the confidence from the actual testing. I tested/played this feature when I was at an empty parking lot, this was before I upgraded to 3.0, it was went smoothly, not sure if it’s the 3.0 thing messed up but I felt that no matter what happened the bottom line should have the sensor detect any objects, even though it gets forever to “Come to me” that’s totally fine, but would it be safety first? ... but I was wrong. I would never gain that trusty back I guess...

Yikes, sucks man. Thats why i refuse to use summon or any gimmicky stuff tesla puts out. Shows you FSD is not even near ready. Dont know if SC will do anything besides "we will investigate".
Dechidus, thanks! I will contact SC see if they can use any log from the computer and come out any solution, I don’t know if this is user error, how come, I used what Tesla provide us? Not sure this can be repaired under warranty...

Dechidus, thanks! I will contact SC see if they can use any log from the computer and come out any solution, I don’t know if this is user error, how come, I used what Tesla provide us? Not sure this can be repaired under warranty...

"Come out to any solution" meaning "pay for my repairs, even though the feature is clearly marked beta and I have full control over when the car starts and stops"?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Buddy, I’m sorry this happened to you but there is a level of personal responsibility that comes with using summon without watching your 100k car. You have the ability to stop it from running in to signs.
I know there’s 100 reasons to blame user responsibilities, however, I still think Tesla doesn’t show enough warning to let user know how danger it is, I still can’t image if the sign was a kid or a person. If it can’t even avoid object while doing summon, why release it? If there’s some popup message or at least tell user by using this feature will potentially hit object, I will never touch it! In my opinion, the beta should always be safety first.