Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Market Battery Model S refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this on how to access your refresh 12v and I'm wondering why we can't just stop taking everything apart once the battery is exposed if we're only going to jump it or hook an inverter to it. That would be at about 1:51 one in the third video:

How to Jumpstart a 2012-2019 Tesla S 2017 Tesla S 90D Electric

I jumpstarted my 12v battery once because a renter of my car ran the damn battery down to nothing. It was actually pretty simple once I called Tesla and got the instructions to get to it. Not hard to access.

I had my P85+ 12v battery replaced twice in the nearly 4 years I had the car. The mobile service tech said Tesla has tried a few different batteries, and though the last one should last longer. The replacement procedure varies depending on what vintage your car is. The newer cars are easier than the older cars, according to the technician.

Does anyone know what Tesla charges For replacement these days on a refresh Model S?

I have a late 2016 pushing 100k miles and with it getting cold I’m expecting the 12v error message to pop up any time now...

I see a vendor on eBay selling the OEM part for about $170 shipped...