Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After market lighted door handles ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of ordering a 70D and looking to see if i can skip premium interior and lightning package. I like the lighted door handles when they come out. Looks very cool at night. Is there a after market kit available for this if i do not order it with the car? Power lift gate is useful, but i can live without that.

Please let me know.

Thanks

The door handles can be fitted yourself with OEM parts. Someone in another thread did it. You do have to remove the door panel. The little led that you bought from Tesla (about $28 bucks each door) will go right into the door handle and activate the light part of it.

No need for aftermarket parts.

Oh no, not another project... ;-)
Having taken the plunge of cracking open my rear doors (yes, it is scary the first time) to add the puddle lights under the door, I find myself naturally thinking of doing this now. I mean, I have these nice trim tools now...

A video that might come in handy on how to open up the door, and remove the door handle. Not for the faint of heart, as Rich did not care about that door. Am sure this can be done gently, especially around the soundproofing materials. ;-)
Post #2275 in the most epic thread on this site.

Last weekend LED disassembly.
I think the leakage of the LED module was the Problem.
The module works with 5V.

Attachments

• LEDg1.jpg
    LEDg1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 186
  • LED-ganz.jpg
    LED-ganz.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 141
  • LED%20zerlegt.jpg
    LED%20zerlegt.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 135
  • LED%20Platine.jpg