Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After market security camera for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS is a 2016 so no sentry mode. I’m looking for a camera system mainly to deter vandalism. So a dash cam and also cameras for side and rear of car if possible. It would be great if it was user friendly and could connect to my phone. Thanks.

I just installed PowerVue DR900S. Front only, but they have 2ch version which also includes rear camera.

It has super wide angle (162 degrees), so even the front camera actually covers quite a lot of the sides. I have the camera mounted behind the mirror, and I can see both A-pillars in the picture..

Argh, BlackVue, not PowerVue. :D

Yeah, seems perfect so far.

If you want factory integrated looks IRO is the only one, as it replaces the front cap on the mirror stalk and molds into the design flawlessly. AP1 and AP2 versions are on Ebay. I installed mine in 20min. The guy actually replies to messages within hours.

Reactions: Sparkx
I use a 4 camera setup in my cars. I use the Blackvue DR750 2 channel (x2) here. I placed one of the main (Front) cameras behind the rear view mirror and the second main (Front) camera on the back window. Then I placed each of the rear cameras in the triangle side windows behind the rear doors so I have full 360 degree view around my car with 4 cameras in the event anything should ever happen. Works great and has been running 24/7/365 for 3 years now.
Go with the Blackvue, they work great.

Reactions: Sparkx
If you want factory integrated looks IRO is the only one, as it replaces the front cap on the mirror stalk and molds into the design flawlessly. AP1 and AP2 versions are on Ebay. I installed mine in 20min. The guy actually replies to messages within hours.
So other than the "looks" what about the functionality - how satisfied are you with the whole point of getting a dashcam - the recording, quality, reliability, ease of use etc?

I use a 4 camera setup in my cars. I use the Blackvue DR750 2 channel (x2) here. I placed one of the main (Front) cameras behind the rear view mirror and the second main (Front) camera on the back window. Then I placed each of the rear cameras in the triangle side windows behind the rear doors so I have full 360 degree view around my car with 4 cameras in the event anything should ever happen. Works great and has been running 24/7/365 for 3 years now.
Go with the Blackvue, they work great.
Approximately how much did it cost to install?

So other than the "looks" what about the functionality - how satisfied are you with the whole point of getting a dashcam - the recording, quality, reliability, ease of use etc?
I’m very happy with it. Hardly notice the camera. Easy to use.

Approximately how much did it cost to install?
Installed it myself so the labour was free. If memory serves me correct I think the cameras cost me about $1,000 CAD for the quad cam setup.