Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Market way to increase ground clearance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new S90D, my first Tesla, and just Love It!

My only complaint is the ground clearance. I seem to hit every concrete wheel stop. I can not avoid parking in areas that have them. If I only pull in to a point prior to the nose going over the wheel stop, the rear end sticks out too far. My S90D has the 19" wheels and does not have the smart suspension, so I have the lowest clearance possible for an S.

Is there an option out there somewhere to raise the body another 2 inches?

Thanks for any help.

My S90D has the 19" wheels and does not have the smart suspension, so I have the lowest clearance possible for an S.
It's a minor point of your post, but wheel dimension doesn't affect ground clearance. It's identical with both the 19"s and 21"s. Additionally, a Model S on coils sits higher than a Model S on Normal with the Smart Air Suspension. Granted, they can raise their suspension higher than that, but in most cases they sit lower than ours.

My main suggestion, if you can't avoid the wheel stops, is to reverse into your spot. The rear end sits a lot higher than the front and in my experience does a good job of clearing wheel stops.

• Informative
Reactions: diesel