Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After more than 3 years of patiently waiting...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 is arriving to Merida Mexico!
AWD Midnight Silver 19´ with white interiors

I have been waiting since March 31 2016 for my model 3 and more than 5 years dreaming about becoming a Tesla owner.
The deliveries in Mexico where delayed a lot more than expected but finally tomorrow morning I am getting my car!

What to expect?
We don't have any service center or store or supercharger anywhere near Merida. (We are supposed to get a supercharger this year) but we do have a couple of destination chargers around the city. I hope this doesnt become a concern.

JP;

Swalter +1. Charge at home is best. Treat it like you phone, except don't charge more than 90% unless you need to prior to a trip.

Prior to pick up, use the checklist found on this forum. If you see anything you don't like, make sure you have an agreement with your DA to fix it. Before you drive off, read the owners manual, like three times, and wait a while before you try advanced features like AP, self park or advanced summon, etc

It seems to me everyone, at first, has concerns about range and charging - Don't! Unless you drive more than 160 KM a day, you can just plug it in the wall overnight. Keep the battery in the "Green" range 20-90% at first, and indoors plugged in, esp during the hot weather.

If you still have concerns about the care and use of your car, use the excellent "Owners manual" on the Tesla Tap site.

I am going to Argentina again soon, have not seen a Tesla in South America yet!

Reactions: dhrivnak
Thanks for all the answers.... Cant sleep waiting for tomorrow!!
I just installed a wall charger in my (I spend around 6 to 8 hours mon-fri there) because I live in a condo and I should be moving soon.
I think its going to be the first model 3 in all the Yucatan Peninsula!
Driving to Cancun in Autopilot its going to be fun.

It happened!
Yesterday I became a model 3 owner after more than 3 years.
Went full charge and I am in the beach (20min from Merida) for the rest of the weekend!
Its really hot here (105 F!) hope thats not a problem for the battery because the noise pf the car its loud when parked.

Attachments

• DB34B9E3-D865-44B0-9FFD-624B0B032159.jpeg
    DB34B9E3-D865-44B0-9FFD-624B0B032159.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Kant.Ing
Car looks great! Hope you have white interior though...

Don't worry about the Batt. The BMS will keep things cool. Parking a dark car inside or in the shade, or with a cover, will make the cooling system work less and save you some Pesos in Electricity plus the AC and fans will be working less.

However do not charge daily to much over 90% unless you need the range, and keep it plugged in at home. Elon has tweeted that 90% is Ok for the 2170 cells in the M3.

I have a 15 MS, and I keep it inside, under cover, and at 56%SOC. I have 0.5% degradation at 4yrs/27k miles. Like I said, don't worry about the batt!

Take a look at the manual regarding the Cabin Overheat Protection feature. This is defaulted to on. If you don’t have infants or pets that could be left in the car accidentally, you may want to set that feature to Fan Only or disable it altogether. We’ll get to the same 40c/104f temp (only in the middle of the summer though) and having the option set to a Fan Only sure saves a little power with the car parked in the sun at work.

Enjoy the new car!