Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After one month and 500 miles, first screen reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a touchscreen error yesterday (first one). The error warning advised that I contact a Tesla Service Center. I went ahead and did the screen reboot and everything is back to normal. My question to long time owners is, how often do you need to reboot the screen (if ever)? Also, should I contact the service center as advised on the error warning?

Had a touchscreen error yesterday (first one). The error warning advised that I contact a Tesla Service Center. I went ahead and did the screen reboot and everything is back to normal. My question to long time owners is, how often do you need to reboot the screen (if ever)? Also, should I contact the service center as advised on the error warning?

Yes, I would contact the SvC as advised. I reboot both screens maybe once a month or every other month for various reasons.

Reactions: Maximus8
^ Was just about to say something similar. Sorry to see the pics of your scraped beauty, TezlaCurler. Hopefully just cosmetic.

I had about 2000 miles on mine the first month, 22,000 for the first year. Since year 1 I scaled back on the extra driving. Next month will be 2 years and I'll have about 38k miles.

As to the original question, I rebooted perhaps 6 times in almost 2 years. Mostly when the Slacker doesn't want to work. I think maybe once or twice the touch screen locked up. Service Center guys gave me good perspective when I called after the first time I needed to reboot because bluetooth wouldn't connect my phone. In many ways the touch screen is like a giant smartphone. Sometimes you get too much memory in the system and it needs to clear the cache by getting shut down.