TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

After over two years, my model S is finally going to arrive!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jhall118, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

Been following the company (as both a very small investor and enthusiast) for a LONG time now. Finally saved up enough money to get my inventory car. Commuted by bus for years to afford this car! It's a fully loaded P85, but will retrofit to the P85+ when I can afford it.

The wait has been brutal, and these next couple weeks are like 100X harder! They sent me a photo before it went on the truck from Maryland to Seattle.

Tesla.JPG

Was a killer deal. Had every option I wanted, and some I couldn't justify (like upgraded sound and twin chargers) for a $9500 discount. Only 3900 miles too!

Two problems: Waiting two more weeks!!!!! And being able to afford all the aftermarket stuff I want!

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Congrats! It looks remarkably similar to my MC Red inventory P85 that I got last year. Nearly every option. Great discount. 4000 miles. I'm still loving the car like the first day I drove it!

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

Great story, i'm glad you were able to make it reality! You'll love it!

4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Such commitment!
    Congrats, you deserve it!

5. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

YOU rock! Delayed gratification at its finest!

6. Nichen

Nichen Member

Dude...you are a true inspiration for many! Including me! I REALLY REALLY wanna buy a Model S also....I'm thinking like....instead of buying a cabin or a caravan in the future...maybe I'll just put that money in a Model S instead.....

7. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

Some of my friends spend around 1,100 dollars on an apartment in Seattle, and a 400 dollar car payment. I lived with friends in a house for several years ($400 a month rent), and took the bus. If I wasn't debt adverse, I could have afforded it any time. It all comes down to priorities. I'd rather have the car for the next 10 years and delay buying a house until I am ready to settle down. Everyone is different though.

8. GenIIIBuyer

GenIIIBuyer Member

Congrats! That is so sick! Proof that this is not just a rich man's toy! Appeals to everyone!

9. Seattle

Seattle Member

You will love having one in Seattle. There are many places to charge freely, with our 3 wa state superchargers you can easily drive to vancouver, even whistler, and portland and spokane. There are so many Teslas here.

10. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

Congrats!

My story isn't much different. I've been a big Tesla fan since before Roadster production, when Jason Calacanis was showing it off. I was broke and living with parents, got a job in August 2012 and immediately started saving for a Model S, bought shares in late 2013 and some more today, and placed my Model S order today. Oh, and still living with parents. I had every intention to stay out of debt and save up until I could pay cash, but my carpool situation has been stressful (10 hours stuck at work plus an hour and a half daily commute, paying $200/month for half the gas) and felt I couldn't do it for another year that it would take.

To reemphasize what GenIIIBuyer said, you don't necessarily need to be rich to buy a Model S, just financially responsible (or extremely frugal) and patient.