Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After over two years, my model S is finally going to arrive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been following the company (as both a very small investor and enthusiast) for a LONG time now. Finally saved up enough money to get my inventory car. Commuted by bus for years to afford this car! It's a fully loaded P85, but will retrofit to the P85+ when I can afford it.

The wait has been brutal, and these next couple weeks are like 100X harder! They sent me a photo before it went on the truck from Maryland to Seattle.

Tesla.JPG

Was a killer deal. Had every option I wanted, and some I couldn't justify (like upgraded sound and twin chargers) for a $9500 discount. Only 3900 miles too!

Two problems: Waiting two more weeks!!!!! And being able to afford all the aftermarket stuff I want!

Dude...you are a true inspiration for many! Including me! I REALLY REALLY wanna buy a Model S also....I'm thinking like....instead of buying a cabin or a caravan in the future...maybe I'll just put that money in a Model S instead.....

Dude...you are a true inspiration for many! Including me! I REALLY REALLY wanna buy a Model S also....I'm thinking like....instead of buying a cabin or a caravan in the future...maybe I'll just put that money in a Model S instead.....

Some of my friends spend around 1,100 dollars on an apartment in Seattle, and a 400 dollar car payment. I lived with friends in a house for several years ($400 a month rent), and took the bus. If I wasn't debt adverse, I could have afforded it any time. It all comes down to priorities. I'd rather have the car for the next 10 years and delay buying a house until I am ready to settle down. Everyone is different though.

Congrats!

My story isn't much different. I've been a big Tesla fan since before Roadster production, when Jason Calacanis was showing it off. I was broke and living with parents, got a job in August 2012 and immediately started saving for a Model S, bought shares in late 2013 and some more today, and placed my Model S order today. Oh, and still living with parents. I had every intention to stay out of debt and save up until I could pay cash, but my carpool situation has been stressful (10 hours stuck at work plus an hour and a half daily commute, paying $200/month for half the gas) and felt I couldn't do it for another year that it would take.

To reemphasize what GenIIIBuyer said, you don't necessarily need to be rich to buy a Model S, just financially responsible (or extremely frugal) and patient.