Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Rejection Received a New Vin:New Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per Tesla, we rejected our MY LR AWD White/Black/NonPerf/19” Wheels/Vin 9xxx on June 13 at Carlsbad DC in San Diego, because of several alignment, fit and Paint issues. Delivery rep said we would receive a new Vin in 7 to 10 days. June 16 we received a new MVPA in our account and about 3 hours later got a text for a new Delivery Date of June 19. Hoping this new car will be much better that the first. Will still be armed with our delivery checklist and phone. From the Forum we learned to look for a couple other items and also learned to be tolerant of some of the other issues. (ie: very minor alignment gaps in outside moldings) Hoping Rear seats will be better aligned and work as advertised. I will give cudos to Tesla for following through and getting us a new car quickly. I am sure that was partly due to the end of the quarter coming up, but still glad to get the new vin 13xxx. Any other advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Will give a follow up report after delivery appointment.

As per Tesla, we rejected our MY LR AWD White/Black/NonPerf/19” Wheels/Vin 9xxx on June 13 at Carlsbad DC in San Diego, because of several alignment, fit and Paint issues. Delivery rep said we would receive a new Vin in 7 to 10 days. June 16 we received a new MVPA in our account and about 3 hours later got a text for a new Delivery Date of June 19. Hoping this new car will be much better that the first. Will still be armed with our delivery checklist and phone. From the Forum we learned to look for a couple other items and also learned to be tolerant of some of the other issues. (ie: very minor alignment gaps in outside moldings) Hoping Rear seats will be better aligned and work as advertised. I will give cudos to Tesla for following through and getting us a new car quickly. I am sure that was partly due to the end of the quarter coming up, but still glad to get the new vin 13xxx. Any other advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Will give a follow up report after delivery appointment.

Good luck. hope there aren't any issues this time.

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
I went down to Mt Kisco yesterday to check up on my Y, the car came thru with a cracked roof glass and they had ordered a new glass Saturday, my pickup date. The Delivery person informed me it would be a Month for the glass to come in. the other option would be a change of vin number and a similar car that they had in a remote parking lot I ask to see the car first and he said he would bring it over. I waited about 20 mins when arrived was informed he could not find the car, another 20 mins a supervisor shows up and tells me what I already new I ask what was the solution The solution was to wait for another delivery, he was expectation in a few days . I almost cancel the hold thing, Stay well and patient.

I picked up my Model Y yesterday from Carlsbad location. vin 159XX
No paint issues or rear seat issues.
Door trim was not aligned and tails lights are not flushed all the way.
They are willing to adjust the door trim but for the tail lights they say it's normal. But i insisted them to fix the tail lights otherwise won't take the delivery. Then they took care of both issues.
Tail lights are not 100% flushed even after the fix but looks much better than before, so i took the delivery.

(trying to upload the photos but getting error that "expecting image file to be uploaded". Tried with .jpg and .png files)

I picked up my Model Y yesterday from Carlsbad location. vin 159XX
No paint issues or rear seat issues.
Door trim was not aligned and tails lights are not flushed all the way.
They are willing to adjust the door trim but for the tail lights they say it's normal. But i insisted them to fix the tail lights otherwise won't take the delivery. Then they took care of both issues.
Tail lights are not 100% flushed even after the fix but looks much better than before, so i took the delivery.

(trying to upload the photos but getting error that "expecting image file to be uploaded". Tried with .jpg and .png files)
Good to know. that is great news overall.Who helped you out? Im going to the carlsbad location on saturday for pickup.