Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After the moaning, Tesla made some changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only got the pano roof because the price dropped. You might think a premium car deserves a sunroof but I don't. The only reason I paid $1500 is the added head room and I wanted the black headliner and I was worried what it would look like without the glass. I may never open it..
There's a P85+ (well, I think it's a plus - it has the Performance Plus package, but not + badge) at a Boston area Porsche dealer.

From the Carfax report they provided on their site, along with dash pictures, it's clear they took the car in trade back last Oct. A month ago, they put an ad on the local Craigslist for $77,800. Today they are asking $74,900. The car is completely loaded, except...

...no pano. I was considering looking at it, but no pano is a dealbreaker for me (tech and pano are my only must-haves).

I see basic white is back ! Good move!

So thankful. Pearl white may as well be white, IMO. I kind of regret shooting for the metalic car, that looks (to my eyes) flat white in most natural light situations. Then, to think they deleted easy-maintenance white. Yuck. I've already got the odd touch-up nightmare, in the metallic.

I see midnight blue is gone, as of now, with only the electric blue (which they think is "deep", by name). Uh oh. Sounds like another thread page. :biggrin:

While it is cool that they do these these midstream changes, I think it might bite them in end.

1: It must drive production completely crazy and could add inefficiencies. I can't imagine how it wouldn't.
2: Owners are going to start getting pissed with both the confusing nature of it and the practically instant obsolescence. We are pretty used to it in the tech world, annoying as it is. But dropping this kind of coin and finding out that my model does not exist anymore, without warning, after only TWO MONTHS? Come on.

Fortunately, I have no intention of selling and trading up. As a matter of fact, my particular model:p85+ could possibly have demand because it has the power that no other 2 wheel has now and the RWD. I absolutely did not want AWD again when I bought this. So, I am happy. But I bet there are a whole lot of annoyed S60 and S85 owners who bought in the last six months out there right now. Same for other P85+ owners who might value AWD over RWD. Where are they now? They are sitting with a car that is depreciating so quickly, the odometer can't keep up!

I am completely on the side of Tesla. I drank the Cool Aid and am a true believer. But I think they should tread carefully here. We early adopters (not so much anymore) are much more tolerant about these unexpected changes. The masses HATE change. So I hope that they are able to build a solid strategy around this to ensure that they do not end up alienating potential or past buyers.

Lastly, with all these sudden unannounced changes and then the back and forth on the website, it really looks a bit like they don't know WTF they are doing. I certainly hope that is not the case.