Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After the reviews what are your favorite features and not....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming you don’t press the brake pedal within 15 seconds of unlocking the door.

Ack! Well now I’m concerned. Timed how long before I started car this morning and it was almost a full minute (get in, put purse down, insert key, put on glasses, set phone into holder, etc). So, unless I start the Model 3 within 15 seconds I will need to pull out Card? My wallet is not a small slim one, so not sure placing just wallet would work. The keys are easy to throw in purse and find and I am worried having to do this with a card makes it more prone to losing it.

• Funny
Reactions: T34ME
Ack! Well now I’m concerned. Timed how long before I started car this morning and it was almost a full minute (get in, put purse down, insert key, put on glasses, set phone into holder, etc). So, unless I start the Model 3 within 15 seconds I will need to pull out Card? My wallet is not a small slim one, so not sure placing just wallet would work. The keys are easy to throw in purse and find and I am worried having to do this with a card makes it more prone to losing it.
Not sure if you really are serious or not, but don't you think you could just change the process accordingly? "get in, put purse down, step on brake pedal, put on glasses, set phone into holder, etc." Seems like logical thing to me. Step on brake pedal "starts" the car.

Best features: range, steering/handling (according to reports), and of course that it is an EV. I like the no-fob idea (dislike carrying fobs around). I'm sure after living with 4 Minis that the central screen will be a non-issue. Dislike non-hatch design, but the folding seats help. Size is a bit large for my taste but I'll adapt.

I like all of it. The only things I'll change are tint, a chrome delete, and.....now that I'm going Performance, my tactic on wheels has changed.

I was going to do RWD and get the aeros as my winter wheels, but now I'll end up ordering a winter wheel/tire set, since the 3PLRD will likely come with summer performance tires on it.

Everything.

Dislike
Unknown availability,...
First batch has sunroofs. I hate sunroofs

I wanted to just 'like' the entire post, but I can't agree with the sunroof rant.
The glass roof ISN'T a classic sunroof so I do not anticipate any issues with leaking.
I expect leak issues to more similar to windshields and back windows than classic sunroofs. Or in other words a non-issue.

There is really nothing to be done for my main negative which is the excruciating wait from before the reveal.
Fortunately I did stand in line the first day.

I like all of it.

I agree.

Favorite features (maybe in this order): long range EV, even more affordable Tesla (great looks and tech...), minimal dash, one central display, magic air vents, glass roof, smart phone access, smart card backup, NO key fob, ...

Once voice control is available/stable I expect most concerns about lack of dedicated buttons to evaporate.

I wanted to just 'like' the entire post, but I can't agree with the sunroof rant.
The glass roof ISN'T a classic sunroof so I do not anticipate any issues with leaking.
I expect leak issues to more similar to windshields and back windows than classic sunroofs. Or in other words a non-issue.

According to the plan, there will be a choice whether you want the sunroof or not later in production. Just not at first. Since I want an early unit, I must agree to the sunroof. It won't stop me, but for me it's a 'not favorite issue'.

Our Caddy has 2 sunroofs and both work flawlessly and are quiet and water tight. But we don't use them. We tested them, but now leave them closed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte and Runt8
According to the plan, there will be a choice whether you want the sunroof or not later in production. Just not at first. Since I want an early unit, I must agree to the sunroof. It won't stop me, but for me it's a 'not favorite issue'.

Our Caddy has 2 sunroofs and both work flawlessly and are quiet and water tight. But we don't use them. We tested them, but now leave them closed.

It's NOT a sunroof in the traditional sense. A sunroof can be opened and closed. This is just an all-glass roof. No movement.

Don't know if this was already mention here, if not please ignore. All you are going to get on an M3 is about a ~30" section of steel. Most of the material between hood and rear deck remains as glass on the standard model.
Yeah, the roof section is very small. Starts just behind the driver’s head and goes forward maybe 20” or so? The entire rear seat is under the rear glass.

I don't think the Model 3 will even have a sunroof option. As far as I'm aware, they're only making all glass roofs at first and then metal roofs. No mention of sunroofs.

I'm surprised many people like the minimalist interior design with the touch screen. I only like it because there are fewer things to potentially break.

So what exactly can be controlled with a button or by manual adjustment? I can only think of the following but I'm sure I'm missing a few more.
  • rear view mirror position (hopefully)
  • door locking and unlocking (no mechanical unlock for rear doors)
  • "gear" selector
  • left and right turn signal / wiper blade operation
  • driver power seat (maybe passenger power seat)
  • parking brake

With one driver, it's not pain but with two or more drivers and not opting for PUP ($5k USD option), it might be a pain to adjust the side mirrors.

I'm surprised many people like the minimalist interior design with the touch screen. I only like it because there are fewer things to potentially break.

So what exactly can be controlled with a button or by manual adjustment? I can only think of the following but I'm sure I'm missing a few more.
  • rear view mirror position (hopefully)
  • door locking and unlocking (no mechanical unlock for rear doors)
  • "gear" selector
  • left and right turn signal / wiper blade operation
  • driver power seat (maybe passenger power seat)
  • parking brake

With one driver, it's not pain but with two or more drivers and not opting for PUP ($5k USD option), it might be a pain to adjust the side mirrors.

the mirrors are adjusted using a combo of the screen and the steering wheel buttons.

It might be a pain if driver profiles aren't saved in non-PUP builds.

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
My least favorite feature is the rear air vents. Its the only feature that I find - looks and acts like a standard car.

My favorite feature is actually the lack of a feature and that is the absence of a binnacle display. However if I have to pick a substantive feature it would have to be the front air vents.

How about that my least favorite feature is cousins with my most favorite feature.

Reactions: internalaudit