Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After too long on the sidelines, I’m about to become an owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure. To be honest, I choose to wait till the cars were really dialed in and the latest Raven update really changed my opinion of the Model S. Add in the recent price drops and the value finally added up for me personally.
Just curious, why you wouldn't consider getting Model 3 or Y? They are less expensive with newer battery technology.

Dumb question: is the Raven setup a feature of all new model S now, or just the P models? Also, is there an easy way to know whether an S is a Raven model? Thanks

Not sure what exactly is defined as Raven. But the latest development in Model S is getting the "-G" battery for the better cooling and faster supercharging. You can see it at 11:45 of this video.

Reactions: Littlefinger9
One question for you all,

I prefer the classic looks, full featured interior and larger size of the S. The 3P is a very tempting car, but it's ultimately too minimalistic for my tastes. The Y... I might buy one for my wife.
My thoughts exactly. Will get the Y for the wife once they sort out the quality issues. Not that the S doesn't have any but they are no where near as wide spread it appears as the 3/Y...at least the 20 version.

Sooo I want to make a change to the paint color and sent an email to the local delivery center on Monday. Still no response and now I'm wondering if I need to find another way to contact Tesla. I do not have a Sales Advisor yet that I know of.

What do you recommend?

Congrats! We also ordered recently (Oct 15th or 16th) and like you, we don't have our vin yet. Trying to decide whether to order FSD now or later. I know in the past they've incentivized supercharger miles and other features during quarter end sales and delivery pushes so I dunno if it makes sense to hold out or just get it over with. Will probably order the wall charger and mats and things like that ahead of time. Pretty exciting!

Congrats! We also ordered recently (Oct 15th or 16th) and like you, we don't have our vin yet. Trying to decide whether to order FSD now or later. I know in the past they've incentivized supercharger miles and other features during quarter end sales and delivery pushes so I dunno if it makes sense to hold out or just get it over with. Will probably order the wall charger and mats and things like that ahead of time. Pretty exciting!
I ordered the wall charger but not the floor mats. Does the car not include them?

While many like an opening sunroof, it adds cost, weight, leaks, maintenance, wind noise, loses headroom and causes significant aerodynamic drag when open.
For these reasons it makes sense for Tesla to eliminate it.
Can you tell me which Teslas had sunroofs? I could swear I saw a Model 3 the other day with an open sunroof, but I don't remember that being an option on the 3. (Then again, he was moving pretty fast- might have been an S.)

I thought you couldn't use Sirus Satellite on our sound system, I gave mine up and miss the Beatles channel. I have been playing Beatles music since the mid sixties in bands and solo and like to hear the back stories. I have had my Model Y since the end of August and am finding new things all of the time, like the pushing the shift leaver down 4 times to get the multicolored FSD and the Saturday Night Live Christopher Walken saying "Needs more cow bell", and when using the Navigation and FSD. This car's cool factor is off the charts!