Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After update charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure about that? 110V charging at 4kW would imply a 37A current. From what I've heard level 1 charging maxes out at 1.9kW, so it's most likely that either you're remember things incorrectly or the screen was glitchy. It sounds like 1-2kW/hour is the correct rate when charging with a 120V/20A line.

I just searched for it and couldn't find it, but I remember someone else on this forum having the exact same confusion with the exact same numbers for the exact same reason.

You didn't look at the units. 4 would be about the charging speed when it's displaying the "miles per hour" format. Between 1 and 2 is the charging speed when displaying the power level in kilowatts. A software update can sometimes flip a setting here or there, which is probably what happened. Go into your settings display, and you can pick the option for energy units to be either in "Energy" or "Distance", and it will switch those units on the charging screen.