Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After what time has passed would you consider an FSD class action lawsuit?

When would you consider initiating/joining a class action lawsuit for Tesla failure to deliver FSD?

• Already enquiring with/engaging legal services

Votes: 28 6.3%
  • End of 2021

Votes: 101 22.8%
  • End of 2022

Votes: 80 18.1%
  • 2023 - 2025

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • 2025 - 2030

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • After 2030

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Never

Votes: 140 31.6%
  • Other - see comments

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... I got the "Button" and now we're all waiting for your class-action lawsuit(s).. ;)

FSDbeta_button.jpg

So are you going to join in one of these class action lawsuits? You could launch one yourself ya know. ;)

I paid $3k, almost 5 years ago. Still no "button". Back to you Mark!

I paid $5k ~2 years ago and it appreciated to $10k. You snooze, you lose. I think I could have gotten it for $4k if I ordered a week or so earlier.

10k for a button

I got it for $5,000 during the 2019 price drop. They charged Enhanced Autopilot for $5k but then gave away Autopilot for free so they upgraded my cars to FSD after I complained. I didn't want EAP and free Autopilot was all I needed. They couldn't do the refund so we settled on FSD. Still over paid in my opinion.

Reactions: Microterf
I would only consider suing if I thought Tesla was acting in bad faith. In my opinion, they are not.

FSD is crazy-hard to achieve, but I believe that Tesla is spending the time, effort, money required pull it off. I point to Lex Fridman's tweet about AI day where he said,
Tesla AI day presented the most amazing real-world AI & engineering effort I have ever seen in my life.

I personally don't care about the 10K I have spent for FSD. I went in knowing what I was getting, which is a front row seat to something that might be amazing and might also turn out to be a flop.

I do understand those who feel duped. That's just not me.

I would only consider suing if I thought Tesla was acting in bad faith. In my opinion, they are not.

FSD is crazy-hard to achieve, but I believe that Tesla is spending the time, effort, money required pull it off. I point to Lex Fridman's tweet about AI day where he said,

I personally don't care about the 10K I have spent for FSD. I went in knowing what I was getting, which is a front row seat to something that might be amazing and might also turn out to be a flop.

I do understand those who feel duped. That's just not me.
What kind of front row seat you have?

Reactions: BrerBear
I paid an additional 2k to tack on FSD to my early build car. So my financial pain my be "less" than others. But my standard for FSD is probably lower than most as well. I would be perfectly happy with L2 not-FSD during the march of 9's (for those who don't understand that phrase, it's getting FSD from 90% safe to 99% safe to 99.9% safe and so on). That to me is what I think @Usain refers to as "front row seats." I'll be experiencing the journey of getting to an incredibly amazing achievement of L4/5. But I can fully relate to people who just want a turnkey experience without all the drama beforehand.

I don't think I'm the person to ever fully give my trust to the machine, but I love to observe the machine trying to convince me that it can be trusted.

Buy stock in literally any company and then buy FSD for $4000 when it's actually working. Early buyers are grandfathered into the $4k purchase later option.
Hmm any company ... that $4k could be zero.

I will still have the EAP (i.e. lane change with a stalk). I can't care less about "Navigate on Autopilot".
Are you sure you won’t feel missing out on FSD beta ? I sure would, and the reason I got FSD. At this point, it’s essentially an expensive tech toy. As with many tech toys, worth is very subjective.

Reactions: rxlawdude
If we get FSD Beta access in 7 days from Friday, and then twice a month or monthly updates so we can follow along as FSD improves, I'll be satisfied for the time being, but granted I only got my car with FSD 9 months ago. If I was a 2016/17 buyer or someone who had leased for 3 years and returned their cars already, i'd be fuming! They should be suing already!
Unless one opts out of binding arbitration, there won't be a class action suit, IMO. It would be fascinating to see the opt-out rate, but I bet it's a relatively small percentage.

Much better chance winning in Small Claims for partial refund of FSD cost. Yet, curiously, not one report of anyone doing this successfully, in spite of SCC forbidding attorneys on either side.

Someone hypothesized that SCC plaintiffs enter some kind of NDA such that we don't hear about success. Possible but unlikely after a verdict for plaintiffs, of which no one, in spite of whining and moaning for months here, has apparently availed themselves of the most direct route to justice.

Last edited: