Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After what time has passed would you consider an FSD class action lawsuit?

When would you consider initiating/joining a class action lawsuit for Tesla failure to deliver FSD?

• Already enquiring with/engaging legal services

Votes: 28 6.3%
  • End of 2021

Votes: 101 22.8%
  • End of 2022

Votes: 80 18.1%
  • 2023 - 2025

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • 2025 - 2030

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • After 2030

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Never

Votes: 140 31.6%
  • Other - see comments

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put never.. not that I’m not quite disappointed that after more than 3 years having paid ~7K for FSD to come at some point, I’m pretty sure there is some/enough language in the contracts and website to indicate that there were no guarantees of producing a product that wasn’t fully spelled out for full feature set, or delivery timeframe or guaranteed regulatory approval, etc. One can always try and get a class together, but you’ve got to find competent attorneys to think there is something tangible to go after. Elon’s tweets would be some form of evidence, but that is neither a contract nor a commitment that the company is making. We’ll see. What I would REALLY like is the ability to harvest some amount of $$ out of the car when I sell it - to upgrade to a new model with FSD. I’d really like to see a repeat buyer be able to get say a 50% discount on the full FSD when buying up to a new model. Maybe that depreciates it from the current car - makes some sense. Then, they could allow a buyer of the used car to buy at a discount and overall Tesla could even MAKE money on the deal. At this point, if I buy a new Tesla in the next 1-2 years (not a guarantee with the quality of cars coming out of Audi or Porsche or others) I almost certainly would not buy FSD again even though we are quite a bit closer than three years ago.

Reactions: bhzmark and KJD
Are you sure you won’t feel missing out on FSD beta ? I sure would, and the reason I got FSD. At this point, it’s essentially an expensive tech toy. As with many tech toys, worth is very subjective.
I don't believe that Tesla will deliver anything meaningful for that beta. It'll be another Summon-type boondoggle that I'll use once just to test and then never turn it on again.

I don't believe that Tesla will deliver anything meaningful for that beta. It'll be another Summon-type boondoggle that I'll use once just to test and then never turn it on again.
Actually, we don't have to speculate. We have seen exactly what they will deliver. There are hundreds of videos and looks to me - except for well known complicated situations fsd beta drives just fine. Much better than current AP.

Ofcourse, just like AP, there will be a learning curve to figure out what situations its going to be fine and which ones will likely fail. I expect the fail scenarios to be tackled slowly in future releases.

Nitpicking, but end of this year.

"I'm going to. And I opted out of mandatory arbitration, so that's likely going to be a class action lawsuit. I'm waiting for the end of the year."

You have others wanting to join in so maybe you can coordinate. That lawyer that got his complaint to the NTHSA rejected might be game.

Well, I said that I'm waiting for January 2022.

Reactions: bhzmark
3 years ago FSD cost 3k, not 7k.
It was 5K for EAP plus I think 3K to add FSD (or 4K if purchased AFTER pickup). one had to have EAP and then had to buy FSD. I paid the 5K for EAP, and then got the deal to buy FSD add on for 2K (instead of 4K) in I think Feb 2019? So, total it was 7K Total since 2018 for current FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosken
It was 5K for EAP plus I think 3K to add FSD

Right- but EAP actually, immediately, added a bunch of features to the car you've had full use of for years.

You paid 5k for that. As did lots of other folks including those who never bought FSD at all.

And the entire package you paid the 5k for was fully delivered. Years ago.

You then paid, per your own admission, only 2k for the FSD portion that had features you are still waiting on.

So your claim you paid 7k for stuff you're still waiting on is simply not accurate.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and EVNow
Right- but EAP actually, immediately, added a bunch of features to the car you've had full use of for years.

You paid 5k for that. As did lots of other folks including those who never bought FSD at all.

And the entire package you paid the 5k for was fully delivered. Years ago.

You then paid, per your own admission, only 2k for the FSD portion that had features you are still waiting on.

So your claim you paid 7k for stuff you're still waiting on is simply not accurate.
I couldn’t have paid anything LESS than 7K for FSD.. it’s either that or more.. sure, I could have not paid 5K first, and then 7K and paid even MORE than that to have something that has been promised now for several years, but the cost of entry for me at least of FSD was 7K.. some even higher. Most in the past year have paid 10K at this point.

I get your point, but it’s 7K I’ve gotten almost no use out of at this point since TACC and the current EAP/FSDish features dont’ provide much value at all other than long straight away road trips. (Not to mention that EAP didn’t even provide the features IT promised at launch) I don’t trust it to take exits, I don’t trust it to do lane changes on busy highways, I don’t really even like the experience of TACC in congested trafic on highwayS.

I’m very eager to see where we are with FSD at this point, but it’s really not going to prove of much if any function for this year and most of next IMHO.

So, for me at least, as I said in another post, i would have much rather kept that 7K (I could have turned it into 10-12K at this point if not more) and decided the where and when to spend up to 10K to buy something that actually did what was promised and expected by this point.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Please consider upvoting my question for the shareholder meeting this week on Say if you are a Tesla shareholder and interested in how Tesla plans to handle HW3 cars should the existing hardware fail to support L5 autonomy:

Is Tesla committed to providing any hardware upgrades necessary for existing cars with the FSD package should HW3 prove unable to achieve Level 5 autonomy at safety levels twice as good as a human driver? https://saytechnologies.com/s/3c76c5d1

I couldn’t have paid anything LESS than 7K for FSD

This is a nonsensical argument.

You couldn't have bought FSD without buying the car either, but you can't count the price of the car as "the price of FSD"

Same with EAP.

You paid, by your own admission, $2000 for FSD.

I get your point, but it’s 7K I’ve gotten almost no use out of at this point since TACC and the current EAP/FSDish features dont’ provide much value at all other than long straight away road trips. (Not to mention that EAP didn’t even provide the features IT promised at launch) I don’t trust it to take exits, I don’t trust it to do lane changes on busy highways, I don’t really even like the experience of TACC in congested trafic on highwayS.

Weird.

I used it for all that stuff daily, and have for years. Works great. Just got home 10 minutes ago from using it-- handled interchanges between 2 different highways, lane changes including ending lanes and passing slower cars, and my final exit, just fine.

Probably 85-90% of the miles on my car over my 3 years ownership have been with some form of EAP features engaged.

It was literally the reason I bought the car rather than just keep driving my perfectly fine already paid for Lexus, and I don't regret it for a second.

It's the reason I'd replace it immediately if it got wrecked- it makes driving vastly vastly better than anything else I've owned, and I've owed a decent # of brands/cars.

Certainly I'd like the 3k I paid for FSD to return some benefits beyond the stop light/stop sign stuff as well... but the EAP features? I'd have paid double for em in retrospect.

So, for me at least, as I said in another post, i would have much rather kept that 7K (I could have turned it into 10-12K at this point if not more)

I did both.

Financed the car, including EAP and FSD, and invested the cash in TSLA stock.

Not going to get into details, but the return has been much much higher than the 50-60% gains you suggest.

This is a nonsensical argument.

You couldn't have bought FSD without buying the car either, but you can't count the price of the car as "the price of FSD"

Same with EAP.

You paid, by your own admission, $2000 for FSD.

Weird.

I used it for all that stuff daily, and have for years. Works great. Just got home 10 minutes ago from using it-- handled interchanges between 2 different highways, lane changes including ending lanes and passing slower cars, and my final exit, just fine.

Probably 85-90% of the miles on my car over my 3 years ownership have been with some form of EAP features engaged.

It was literally the reason I bought the car rather than just keep driving my perfectly fine already paid for Lexus, and I don't regret it for a second.

It's the reason I'd replace it immediately if it got wrecked- it makes driving vastly vastly better than anything else I've owned, and I've owed a decent # of brands/cars.

Certainly I'd like the 3k I paid for FSD to return some benefits beyond the stop light/stop sign stuff as well... but the EAP features? I'd have paid double for em in retrospect.

I did both.

Financed the car, including EAP and FSD, and invested the cash in TSLA stock.

Not going to get into details, but the return has been much much higher than the 50-60% gains you suggest.
Bear with me,
while I find the facepalm emoji
and just so you know, i’ve already brought and paid for the M3 six times over with my TSLA trades, so at least that‘s worked out.
enjoy

All the more perplexing that we haven't seen more actually launched. I thought TSLAQ shorts had serious money behind them, but now I'm thinking they're relatively poor, don't own a Tesla, and are relegated to posting FUD anonymously on forums and Twitter.

Class action lawsuits always result in big fat payout for the lawyers and peanuts for for everyone else.

Reactions: queenamydala