Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After what time has passed would you consider an FSD class action lawsuit?

When would you consider initiating/joining a class action lawsuit for Tesla failure to deliver FSD?

• Already enquiring with/engaging legal services

Votes: 28 6.3%
  • End of 2021

Votes: 101 22.8%
  • End of 2022

Votes: 80 18.1%
  • 2023 - 2025

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • 2025 - 2030

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • After 2030

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Never

Votes: 140 31.6%
  • Other - see comments

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW I'm confused by your seemingly contradicting yourself

here's you citing a securities regulation about intentional fraud relating to Elons claims:

CEO representation is sufficiently "official statement" thanks to §10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act and SEC Rule 10b-5.

But here's also you... agreeing you do not believe he engaged in fraud

I actually believe that Elon optimistically thought that they have solved the problem and did not have intent to fraud investors and customers.

Much like BetaFSD, you seem to need some help to pick a lane.

Item 2 is city streets-- delivered before end of 2020, but only to a small group of beta testers.... now in the hands of a larger one, but not wide release yet.

I have no idea which world you live in, maybe you are here teleported from the future and I like what you can see!! :) Delivered what...?? FSD that can't see closed road sign? :)

Attachments

• fsd-beta-10.2.jpeg
    fsd-beta-10.2.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 43
I have no idea which world you live in, maybe you are here teleported from the future and I like what you can see!! :) Delivered what...?? FSD that can't see closed road sign? :)

They delivered driving on city streets, at L2, which was what was promised. (though only to the beta testers).

The fact it's L2 means it needs human supervision

Or do you deny that basic autopilot was ever delivered- even though it ALSO can't always correctly see, ID, and react to everything perfectly 100% of the time?

I do not think it is likely that a forum discussion is able to produce evidence that would hold the standard set by Supreme Court's Omnicare, Inc. v. Laborers District Council Construction Industry Pension Fund, 135 S. Ct. 1318 (2015). This is simply because we are not able to summon witnesses to give testimonies under oath nor require Tesla to produce internal confidential communications for our review. Also, full investigation of the matter likely needs more time, skill and resources that we would have.

All we can do is to take the information publicly available and form our opinions based on that.

Clearly opinions here are highly divided. My subjective experience as a customer is that I have not been delivered what I purchased. As an investor, I am not disappointed even if I do think the statements have been wildly misleading: TSLA has simply yielded amazingly good ROI. Others are free to have very different opinions.

Reactions: svusa
Robo Taxi details were supposed to be released so that my car could earn me money. What a joke.

Elon Musk:

Buying a car today is an investment into the future. I think the most profound thing is that if you buy a Tesla today, I believe you are buying an appreciating asset – not a depreciating asset.

For a little while he was accidentally correct: used car priced did have quite an uplift during pandemic :)

• Funny
Reactions: svusa
I love this line in the original description of the FSD option when I purchased it in 2016.

"The system is designed to be able to conduct short and long distance drives with no action required by the person in the drivers seat."

If I enabled the current FSD (5 years later) and did not perform any action I would be dead in 5 minutes. The latest FSD update I have is so dumb that when coming upon a green light the car stops at the light. 5 Years after they posted that fake FSD video showing the car driving on its own with no interaction they still cant do what they claimed it could do in 2016 when they started selling it.

I may have an odd way of looking at this. Many people spend MUCH more than $6,000 for a week at Disney World, Hawaii or Europe. My wife & I chose to spend $6,000 on FSD when we bought our MS in 2019. To us, it is worth watching technology develop over the life of our car. We keep our cars a long time, and still feel it's worth what we spent. I still think we're watching the future unfold. However; I have advised new purchasers on this forum that I don't think it's worth $10,000 today to purchase FSD. Hard thing to quantify.

I may have an odd way of looking at this. Many people spend MUCH more than $6,000 for a week at Disney World, Hawaii or Europe. My wife & I chose to spend $6,000 on FSD when we bought our MS in 2019. To us, it is worth watching technology develop over the life of our car. We keep our cars a long time, and still feel it's worth what we spent. I still think we're watching the future unfold. However; I have advised new purchasers on this forum that I don't think it's worth $10,000 today to purchase FSD. Hard thing to quantify.

In 5 years when you still don't have what you paid for you might change your opinion.

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude and svusa
I may have an odd way of looking at this. Many people spend MUCH more than $6,000 for a week at Disney World, Hawaii or Europe. My wife & I chose to spend $6,000 on FSD when we bought our MS in 2019. To us, it is worth watching technology develop over the life of our car.

I 100% agree with this "odd way".

My gripe is that I am allowed to the "ride" even when I paid for the "ticket": We "early believing" MCU1 folks nor the "business class" Plaid folks are not even allowed to be in the queue for the ride.

In 5 years when you still don't have what you paid for you might change your opinion.

Based on the current progress made by Tesla and the limitation of hardware/software/NN algos, I'm convinced that Tesla will not be able to deliver True FSD as advertised during the useful life of my car's ownership. That is 200,000 miles. (most people would think about buying a new car in the US after 100,000 miles)

I believe living in a reality is better than daydreaming. Though, I'm surprised that how US agencies have allowed Tesla to continue to hype the FSD.

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
I 100% agree with this "odd way".

My gripe is that I am allowed to the "ride" even when I paid for the "ticket": We "early believing" MCU1 folks nor the "business class" Plaid folks are not even allowed to be in the queue for the ride.
The Queue is even more BS. I am in the Queue but I will never be able to get a 100 score to even see a Beta that I paid for. Maybe if you don't travel in the city its possible but in the city cars cut into your lanes or just stop out of nowhere and the car sees you hitting the brakes as not being a safe driver. Heck I was coming on a yellow light and hit the brakes not even aggressive but got dinged for Hard Braking. The next trip when I came upon a yellow light I hit the gas instead and crossed the light when it turned red. That trip I got a 100 score. This whole safe driving thing just adds to the stupidity of this Beta. We should not even be Beta testers! This system was supposed to be ready in 2016 when they started selling it.

Reactions: svusa and t3sl4drvr
Based on the current progress made by Tesla and the limitation of hardware/software/NN algos, I'm convinced that Tesla will not be able to deliver True FSD as advertised during the useful life of my car's ownership. That is 200,000 miles. (most people would think about buying a new car in the US after 100,000 miles)

I believe living in a reality is better than daydreaming. Though, I'm surprised that how US agencies have allowed Tesla to continue to hype the FSD.
So please sue them in Small Claims Court for unjust enrichment. Let us know how you do. You can get all your money back, if you're in a state with >$10K SCC limits.

Then, since you'd have no skin in the game, maybe you can tone down your assessment between reality and "daydreaming."

I guess reading is not your strong suit. Find any contractual obligation in your purchase agreement. And I guess you ignore the plethora of disclaimers and dependencies for FSD to be fully developed.
I purchased FSD and on my order it showed the attached description:

FSD.jpg

The website also showed the demonstration of what FSD was. This video is still online.

Watch that video and explain how 5 years later the system is worse than was in 2016 unless Tesla's demonstration was fake?

ALSO... NOWHERE in my purchase agreement does it state ANY disclaimers about FSD. I have looked over my purchase agreement and I still have a copy in my glovebox.

Last edited:
The demo wasn't "fake" but it required over 500 miles of driving to get enough good footage to splice together into that 2016 video.

The AI day demo several years later, in contrast, was done in a single take for the entire thing.

Which clearly demonstrates significant progress in that time.

And of course the big blog of text you quote specifically tells you they can't promise you WHEN you'll get all the features promised, and you agreed to that when you bought it.

The demo wasn't "fake" but it required over 500 miles of driving to get enough good footage to splice together into that 2016 video.

The AI day demo several years later, in contrast, was done in a single take for the entire thing.

Which clearly demonstrates significant progress in that time.

And of course the big blog of text you quote specifically tells you they can't promise you WHEN you'll get all the features promised, and you agreed to that when you bought it.
My sales rep certainly did not tell me it might come in 5+ years. He told me it would be released shortly in 2017. Heck It took until 2018 for my auto wipers to even start working and they still don't work well. Tesla needs to start getting held responsible for the BS it peddles.

• Funny
Reactions: svusa and t3sl4drvr