Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermark CF Spoiler vs OEM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi group! I'm looking to pickup a LR soon but I do like the aesthetics of the stock CF spoiler. As much as I would like to stick with OEM, it appears to be a risky option as many people here appear to have issues with them staying on. The CF spoiler from RPM spoiler looks pretty good but I'm curious if it may have the same issues staying on? Any other 3rd party recommendations would be great too. Thanks in advance.

I bought my cf spoiler from RPM. The quality is solid, but I have had to have them touch it twice because the right side does not stay completely down. It is barely noticable, but still isn't completely flush ( i notice it). I was just there and RPM mentioned they have two new spoilers for the Y. I upgraded to the Razzo style and am just waiting for it to arrive for them to install.

Basenor (popular company on Amazon that sells Tesla accessories) has a nice looking carbon fiber spoiler on Amazon for around $119. Looks very similar to the oem carbon spoiler but at a fraction of the cost. The build & tape used looks exactly like the Tesmanian spoilers (I had one before I sold it and I now have the Basenor spoiler). Just another option to consider.

Basenor (popular company on Amazon that sells Tesla accessories) has a nice looking carbon fiber spoiler on Amazon for around $119. Looks very similar to the oem carbon spoiler but at a fraction of the cost. The build & tape used looks exactly like the Tesmanian spoilers (I had one before I sold it and I now have the Basenor spoiler). Just another option to consider.
I believe the one Basenor sells is carbon fiber style. It's not real carbon fiber.

Here is a pic from one of the reviews.
1624921897405.jpeg

Basenor always sells a matte black that I just ordered. I went matte black on my emblems and want it to match. Wasn’t really interested in the carbon fiber as I don’t have any other carbon on the vehicle. Just something else to consider if your worried about the quality of the carbon.

I bought my cf spoiler from RPM. The quality is solid, but I have had to have them touch it twice because the right side does not stay completely down. It is barely noticable, but still isn't completely flush ( i notice it). I was just there and RPM mentioned they have two new spoilers for the Y. I upgraded to the Razzo style and am just waiting for it to arrive for them to install.
Thanks for the info. Would you say the original CF RPM spoiler is the same as stock? It's hard to tell from the pictures. Hope to see pics of the new Razzo.

I know you're picking up an LR, but I thought I'd drop some information I learned today. I was told there is a new OEM spoiler (for the Model Y specifically) "expected very soon" with more of a curve to form-fit better along with better adhesive. No idea if this is new/old news, but first I've heard/seen of this. (For background, I was told to hold off on reporting my OEM spoiler peeling at the ends, if I can, so I can get the newer spoiler.)

I know you're picking up an LR, but I thought I'd drop some information I learned today. I was told there is a new OEM spoiler (for the Model Y specifically) "expected very soon" with more of a curve to form-fit better along with better adhesive. No idea if this is new/old news, but first I've heard/seen of this. (For background, I was told to hold off on reporting my OEM spoiler peeling at the ends, if I can, so I can get the newer spoiler.)
Very cool! That's news to me. I still have a while to go before I decide to buy one. I wonder how hard it'll be for non-P owners to get them though. 🤔

My oem spoiler cracked and they replaced and that one was warped. Ended up with an eBay spoiler for $100 and haven’t had a problem.
They gave me a free set of tires and alignment after removing the second spoiler for good but that was back in Tesla’s service hay day.

Hi group! I'm looking to pickup a LR soon but I do like the aesthetics of the stock CF spoiler. As much as I would like to stick with OEM, it appears to be a risky option as many people here appear to have issues with them staying on. The CF spoiler from RPM spoiler looks pretty good but I'm curious if it may have the same issues staying on? Any other 3rd party recommendations would be great too. Thanks in advance.
Just saw this. My RPM CF spoiler is awesome and looks great after 4 months.

Reactions: echanger1