Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarker Sound Upgrade of 3 Front 4" speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear door: It wasnt hard to change the rear door speakers since the panel can actually come off without much hassle but its stupid how the speakers are attached to the door in a way that you are never really supposed to change or replace them. They are plastic riveted in place. luckily you can screw new speakers in place but you also need another bracket for the one odd screw mount. Grabbed signal off these for the rear channel of the LC7i

Any chance that you have some photos of what you did with your rear door speakers? I'm in the process of swapping out my speakers, and these look the trickiest. Mainly just difficult because there isn't a lot of room for the bigger magnet, but I'm curious to see how other people have managed.

Any chance that you have some photos of what you did with your rear door speakers? I'm in the process of swapping out my speakers, and these look the trickiest. Mainly just difficult because there isn't a lot of room for the bigger magnet, but I'm curious to see how other people have managed.
Wish i took photos but i cut a chunk out of the door plastic that the magnet would hit then re sealed it. Somewhere someone posted a photo of this using Infinity speakers and the Polks are nearly the same size. My subs are causing a rattle in one of the back doors, ill snap a pic when i go back in to troubleshoot it

Wish i took photos but i cut a chunk out of the door plastic that the magnet would hit then re sealed it. Somewhere someone posted a photo of this using Infinity speakers and the Polks are nearly the same size. My subs are causing a rattle in one of the back doors, ill snap a pic when i go back in to troubleshoot it

Ah yeah ok. The thought of cutting the plastic has crossed my mind, but was hoping not to. I guess I'll prepare for that reality. Yeah if you can get a pic at some point, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks.

If i already change 3 dash speakers infinty 4032 and woofer audison ap8 make me very happy result
Could someone give advice if i ugrade rear door speaker for faitaipro 4fe32
The Improvement there is a whole lot more subtle than replacing the three front dash speakers. I also used Infinitis instead of Fiatal, but they're probably pretty similar. Both are a significant upgrade. The output from the rear door speakers is modest, and it's a chore to get the existing speakers out unlike the dash where they're pretty easy to remove. You also have to drill out the plastic locking tabs holding the speakers, and you have to be exceptionally careful not to penetrate through to the other side of the door.

It realy make dramatically diffrence to upgrade midrange to full range
Already ordering 4fe32 to taiwan
I Also recommand audison ap8 woofer which dont hav to order full set of compnent like focal isu200 & sr+ internal amp drive it not badly

It realy make dramatically diffrence to upgrade midrange to full range
Already ordering 4fe32 to taiwan
I Also recommand audison ap8 woofer which dont hav to order full set of compnent like focal isu200 & sr+ internal amp drive it not badly
They might look like mid-range drivers but they're driven virtually full-range. They're protected from bass signal by a high-pass filter at the amplifier but they cover the mid-range and they get a lot of treble signal. They roll off themselves at about 14-16k but they're getting everything from low mid range up. Even though they're pretty flat on axis into the treble, because of beaming, their total power radiation is not flat. This is why replacement with the Infiniti 4022 and other closer to full range drivers fills in the treble and improves the sound significantly.

Last edited:
20200912_180349.jpg
20200920_173102.jpg
20200928_160556.jpg
20200929_164205.jpg

they are not plug and play. but with the help from this forum you are able to download the bracket for 3d printing or buying it off from their website. The connector is common VW? bmw? plugs that you buy them off the internet for few buckets. Plus, use your solder gun to connect them up. You will notice the real difference to have some audiophile guys pick the right songs for testing, even with standard or premium audio system, these speakers need 50-100hrs to become softer.

For $60 a pair and put them in our car is definitely worth it.

Meanwhile, go shop for some Focal ISU200 for the front doors, drop a new 8" sub, and dynamat your doors, you won't want to leave your car again. I also put alcantara roofline, killed all those annoying rattling noise from stock panels with music on.

by the way, I test things out with MJ Billie Jean (for treble), Ariana One Last Time (for bass), killing me softly (for treble)

20201104_103246.jpg
20200822_140022.jpg

20200822_141251.jpg
20201120_153941.jpg
20200827_164638.jpg
20220115_150326.jpg

Last edited:
I tried a few midrange and tweeter upgrades in my 2021 M3P:
  • Faital Pro 4" Midrange
  • Scanspeak 10F 4" midrange
  • Scanspeak D2004 tweeter
  • Dayton ND tweeter
  • SB Acoustics SB14ST tweeter
The Scanspeak 10F & D2004 are far and away the best option. Option to reduce cost would be to use the SB tweeter, which is very nice but lacks the ultimate sparkle.

The pre 2021 Model 3s are a little bit heavy and chesty sounding. In the 21+ the midrange driver changed, and there is a ringing in the mid vocal range.

The Scanspeak has higher resolution, better soundstage than both the 18 and 21 setup while removing the ringing. Highly, highly recommend and on a level above the Faital Pro setup. Can use the speaker wire adapters from amped garage with it as well.

I also dynamatted the front doors to remove some bass resonance from the door panels.

Reactions: RWAudio
Wow! Thx for sharing. Nice to see an example of sound deadening in an M3. That looks like allot of work. Have you noticed less rattle when playing music with allot of Bass?

I have been doing dynamat to my cars since owning my BMW E36 1996. You put away one area from rattling, there will be another one from somewhere else. Tesla just ain't BMW or Mercedes or Toyota in terms of quiet interior, but Tesla is one of the easiest car to rip things apart. DIY is not very difficult.

Again, there are a lot of better speaker options out there. no point arguing which model / combination is better unless you are hardcore audiophile guy. I can easily go with focal utopia M and 1000watt bass, but end up using kicker sub with 500watt amp that tuned down just slightly above stock power to fit my ears and music. I am happy with such setup and other Tesla owners in town agreed too.

Reactions: Cypcode