Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE:

Went to Unplugged today...

They did measurements and confirmed that the rear is lower. (We all knew that but I understand they want eyes on.) They put the stockers back on and said they would let me know once they check back into it. I took them for a ride and explained how the rear seemed to "bottom out" and the ride was much rougher. I confirmed this on my way home with the stock springs but, they were noticeably more soft in aggressive maneuvers. I had a situation when following a sprinter van that he veered across the center HOV line to avoid a sudden stop and I could not so I swerved left and braked heavy. There was noticeable body roll, even in a low COG vehicle vs the other springs. As expected, the performance value of the stock springs are not great vs the softer ride. That will be another convo when they get the updated springs in place.

As far as ride height, I agree with barjohn, mine are right there, give or take a 16th. I have 245/40R19 front and 275/35R19 rear, so they increase the ride height just over 1/8" vs the 18" stock setup.

We will see where it goes next...thank you for all your assistance. Here are pics without the drop. thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail (3).jpg

What did Unplugged say? My guess is that stock rear is lower already and that springs just accentuated the lower rear. Just curious as I have the same situation--which I don't think is an issue, but would like some validation.

See my update below. They confirmed that the rear end is low if you have the new springs. They are working with Tesla to address the issue. They reinstalled my stock springs. Here's a pic.
thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail (3).jpg

Currently my car, after the Unplugged moderate springs, has a front height of 27.5" back height of 26.5"

Stock car (using my wife's M3 (with 18" aero) as benchmark, 29" front, 28.5" in the back

So 1.5" in drop in the front and 2.0" in drop in the back.

See my experience in this link---

Lowering the Model 3

Don't think it is an issue....so let me know if you find out anything.

Agree. See my update below. Back if definitely lower if you have newer model springs. They are looking into it!

I have a very basic (likely dumb) question. I understood that you can't just "trade out" bigger for smaller wheels (on any car) without throwing off the balance of the steering. In other words, I thought that the car was tuned to the original size wheels. Is this incorrect?

I have a very basic (likely dumb) question. I understood that you can't just "trade out" bigger for smaller wheels (on any car) without throwing off the balance of the steering. In other words, I thought that the car was tuned to the original size wheels. Is this incorrect?

I don't know either, but I think you want to try to keep the overall diameter of the wheel+tire the same in both setups.

I don't know either, but I think you want to try to keep the overall diameter of the wheel+tire the same in both setups.

Atlas is correct. You want to keep the diameter as close as possible to avoid speedometer issues. Also, you want to keep the diameter differences front to back less than 1% ideally. Square setups don't have issues here as they are the same but when you stagger the wheels and tires, you want to keep them the same or very close to stock. The Tesla asks you when you change rims what rim size (when the TPMS sensors connect) which will set the speedo I presume for the different diameter's.