TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket 20s

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by steilkurve, Aug 11, 2018.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

I'll bet getting a P3D+ in the not too distant future. I really don't mind the looks of Tesla's 20" wheels, just the color. I wish there was a grey or black option which goes better with white IMOHO. So I've been looking at TSportline's wheels and am thinking of going with their black turbine 20" wheels and just sell the 20" OEMs. Has anyone tried TSportline's wheels on the 3? If so, feedback? And have people tried staggered? Would you recommend that over square in a P? Thanks.

2. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

Why don’t you powder coat the factory 20’s if you like the look?

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Yes, that's an option but that means I need another set of wheels while this is getting done. figured why not buy them the way I want from the get go. Plus, while I don't mind the look, straight turbines still look better to me.

4. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Get your winter set of wheels, and wait for the weather to turn. Get the OEM 20s powdercoated then.

• Like x 1
  5. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Yes, thought of that... But I’m impatient and that would mean I wouldn’t see my ride with dark wheels for 7 or 8 months, unless I get dark winter wheels or buy a set and have them powder coated. Any way, these are the options.

Anyone here with TST wheels on a Model 3?

6. Perry

Perry Member

The TSportline turbines in 19" and 20" are heavy. So if you don't mind giving away some of that acceleration then they are fine. Their 18" are 21lbs so a little better since they are flow forged. Don't know why they don't offer flow forge in 19" and 20".

I was going to buy the 19" from them but when I saw the weight, I now am thinking of either the HRE FF01 Flow forged or the Titan 7 fully forged.

7. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Aren’t they though about the same weight as Tesla’s OEM wheels?

8. Perry

Perry Member

Yes, which means heavy since they are cast. I want at least flow forged if not fully forged. Notice that their 18" are flow forged but not their 19"s and 20"s.

9. TTMDLX

TTMDLX Member

Bought evwheeldirect 20's, staggered with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires and fanblade metallic gray wheels. Installed on LR3. Taking delivery of red P3D in 2 weeks. Will swap these wheels to it. The 10" wide rear tire is awesome on cornering as well as remaining glued to the surface. Fanblades look great. Only $2,700 total for wheels and tires. Had to wait about 4 months, tho. Drove 2,400 miles Chicago to Kiawah Island, SC next morning after installing. All great on the highway. Mountain run from Knoxville to Asheville was effortless. Almost too easy. Love the setup. Excited to try on P3D.

10. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

What kind of efficiency are you seeing vs stock wheels?

11. TTMDLX

TTMDLX Member

Seems to cost me about 20% to 25% more i. e. use 12 to 13 miles of range for 10 miles driven on the LR3. The stock wheels were 1 for 1 , if not better. P3D will be worse, if similar to my P90D MX.