TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aftermarket Accessories I should order?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hingisfan, Jan 24, 2015.

1. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Thinking of ordering silicone fob covers and the LED license plate kit from Abstract Ocean. I assume the lights are still non-LED? Anything else I should look at ordering that's not too expensive? Getting front/back mats as well.

Thanks!

2. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

#2 Morristhecat, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    See how you like the neoprene fob pocket that Tesla provides first. I usually just use it even though I have the leather fob pocket, which is just sitting in a drawer. I also got the led lights but just got them from an eBay seller in Hong Kong for super cheap, and they work fine. Abstract ocean also sells a screen protector, another item just sitting in a drawer. Some folks like the center console, but you might want to try the open space a bit first. If you have an iPhone, there is a handy rigid cable mount that plugs directly into the USB port and supports the phone, charges it, and allows hands free "hey suri" use.

3. Han Chen

Han Chen Member

The LED license plate lights are so much nicer.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The sunscreens for the hatch and pano roof should be on your short list.

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

Winter mats.

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

#6 CHG-ON, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    I got the anti-glare screen cover and am happy with it. It significantly reduced fingerprints and does help with glare, though sun coming through the pano completely washes it out. I also got the leather fob pocket, which like Morristhecat, sits in a drawer. I actually don't use any cover and just don't keep anything scratchable in the same pocket as the fob. Lastly, I got the AlloyGator rim protectors, which I have yet to put on, but think are a great insurance policy against curb rash. A great and inexpensive investment. I'm thinking about the license plate lights, but what I really want is much better LED reverse lights. I also got Lloyd's Luxe Mats, which are very nice, though the fit could be better.

Oh, and I got the Tesla plush blanket when at the factory one day. Lame, but couldn't resist!

Have fun!

7. wayner

wayner Active Member

I think you are missing a don't in that sentence!

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Fixed. Thanks!