TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aftermarket adjustable suspension

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by suxxer, Mar 23, 2011.

1. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

I wonder if there are any good after-market adjustable suspensions out there which will fit the Roadster.

This might be an option for all non-sports buyers who don't want to spend the extra $$$ on the OEM adjustable suspension from Tesla.

Prices for suspension kit including adjustable shocks (fitting Elise MKII) range from 1000$ up:

GAZ GGA SUSPENSION KITS - GGA Adjustable Kit - LOTUS Elise Mk 2 2001 to 2006 :: £599.96 :: Performance Suspension Kits :: LOTUS - ELISE ::

Nitron Doubles, Adjustable Suspension for the Lotus Elise and Exige

Any experiences out there?

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I'd check the Lotus forums. The one caveat is that the Roadster has a lot of extra weight back there.

But also, I don't think there's anything particularly special about the upgrade offered by Tesla. You could get those same components from another vendor. Might be worth making a price comparison.

3. Alan

Alan Member

I dont think the elise has a rear anti roll bar so it might be a bit more complicated ?

4. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

Does TM offer the suspension for "aftermarket Teslas"? That would eliminate the search for aftermarket unless you want to got hardcore ;)