Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket air suspension, anyone done it yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I have a 2014 Model S with factory air suspension that I picked up a couple months ago. After looking at the aftermarket availability for these cars I finally found an aftermarket air suspension company that could provide me a full kit. Tried looking for videos or tips and tricks for installing on the car but no one has done it in their garage yet (that I know of) nor does anyone really explain if theres any big obstacles to look out for. This is also my first air suspension install, seems pretty straightforward and simple but dont want to get stuck while the car is in pieces. If it does, oh well.

I'm doing this in my garage regardless, because why pay someone else to do it if I can do it, and any tips would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: impastu
Hi, I just did the rear suspension swap. It was very easy. No need to remove drive shaft to get enough room to get strut out. Used this as a reference (MODEL S - PLUG-N-PLAY HIGH-PERFORMANCE SHOCKS FOR AIR SUSPENSION INSTALLATION GUIDE - Unplugged Performance)

However, I got the suspension from Rockauto and the air fitting is actually the wrong size. Be mindful BEFORE you do the install. It looks like the MS air line are 1/4” (12mm nut) and my replacement part was fitted with 3/16” (10mm) nut.

Didn’t find out until I got it installed and had to take everything back out!